Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. dino_eel

Things customers told you that you knew weren't true

Some that came to my mind: "You can keep two male bettas in at least a 20gal" "What kind of algae eating fish can i put in my betta bowl?" "I have a betta bowl with algae, do you have any chemicals to get rid of it?" "What can i use in my betta bowl to clear the water up, it's really cloudy"...
  2. dino_eel

Lady: "I need a dozen rosey reds for my bala shark, he killed the other one i had in the tank" Me: thinking to myself that that was kinda weird, "well how big is your tank?" Lady: "29 gallon" Me: "What else do you have in there?" Lady: "Just the bala shark about 3in long like the other one he...
  3. dino_eel

Had a customer freak out when i mentioned that he really should start doing water changes to his 55gal, "Thats going to cost me a fortune!!!"
  4. dino_eel

Things LFS employees told you that you knew weren't true

Not fish related but interesting, someone was told (at another LFS), that their dehydrated hamster needed to be misted down, because they have the ability to drink through their skin
  5. dino_eel

Had a guy also come in wanting to buy a koi for his goldfish bowl....
  6. dino_eel

Had someone come in to the LFS i work at, and asked me to get 6 neon tetras....for their 2.5 gallon that they had just set up an hour ago, when i explained to them why this wouldn't work out, they told me a lady from another LFS had told them it would be ok, in the end they ended up walking out...
  7. dino_eel

PVC glue/adhesive?

thanks, any other tips that you would give out to someone building their first diy sump?
  8. dino_eel

I think i have ICK! HELP!

there is one medication that has helped me out and that i personally recomend, it's called Rid-Ick, you can find it at your LFS, it really works good!
  9. dino_eel

what should I do?

what kind of fish is it?, i had the same thing happen to me with a weather loach, the little guy made a complete recovey
  10. dino_eel

PVC glue/adhesive?

Going to start the construction of a sump, but before i do i thought i would ask if the use of PVC glue was actually needed or would be harmful to the tank's inhabitats?
  11. dino_eel

CA/SA Cichlids Photo Discussion

My Oscar Just wanted to show my oscar, and test out posting pics
  12. dino_eel

my new 10 gallon set up finally done ^^

the bettas fins may get ripped up by the angel
  13. dino_eel

Fire Belly Newt HELP!

seems to me that he is in a full aquatic setup if you have to nudge the newt with a net, I had a newt in only a small amount of water and lots of land areas, since newts aren't really build for aquatic life to well.
  14. dino_eel

floor refinishing

ok i get it now, as long as there is no still air around the aquariums they will be ok, thanks for your help, and sorry if i seemed slow for a while
  15. dino_eel

floor refinishing

what about fish that can breath air directly from the surface?, i have a senegalus bichir and a weatherloach, will they be affected?
  16. dino_eel

floor refinishing

I figured that I had to move them, both are right over the areas that need to be refinished, should I move the tanks to another room and keep them well ventilated?
  17. dino_eel

floor refinishing

In probably two months we're going to refinish the wood floors in my house, will the fumes affect the fish in the aquariums?
  18. dino_eel

Does anyone know how?

I need to either construct some sort of filtration unit or buy one, it will be used in a 45 gallon tank, does anyone know how to construct one? Is it cheaper to make one or buy one?
  19. dino_eel

Reassurance/Advice Needed

don't worry if he's not breathing through his gills, weather loaches have the ability to breathe through their intestinal tract, even if it seems that hes not breathing he probably is using some oxygen in his gut instead of his gills
  20. dino_eel

petsmart

I asked the manager if the new fish were temporary specials, turns out the new fish are here to stay.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store