Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. O

Connecting Python to faucet

When I got mine I figured out how to unscrew the screen, but the brass sink attachment that came with it didn't seem to fit the threads. It said on the paperwork that the brass adapter had 2 sets of threads, one for kitchen sink, and one for bathroom sink. I could not for the life of me find the...
  2. O

Cherry Hedge

You could plant it half in half out of the water, use it as a terrerium plant, or a house plant. It likes lots of light. I bought some by mistake so i put it in my outdoor pond waterfall, but it was too early and the cold killed it. It was doing really well half in water in a windowsill untill I...
  3. O

Ken the Jeopardy Guy

He FINALLY tied the one day total record today. Just tied, the big chicken.
  4. O

125 and Red Devil in East TN---must go ASAP!!

Got any pictures of the tank/fish/accesories?
  5. O

How would I make this?

I don't remember if it was a pump or a power head, but you put it at the level you want to drain to via suction cups or make a pvc "hanger" and once the water is below the intake it cant pump any more water out.
  6. O

Amano eggs

I doubt i'll try to raise them, I dont have any experience with salt. They don't seem to be very good parents as they have lost most of their eggs, only the ones on the front swimmers are left.
  7. O

Glass top for hexagon aquarium

you could prolly go to any glass cutting shop and get them to cut a top for it. you might have to do some measureing and drawing though to really show them what you want. they may even cut it in half and make it a hinged glass top.
  8. O

need cheap CO2 injector advice

lol that package looks like the diy coke bottle co2 went commerical. The "fermentation canister" looks like just a bottle and the "activator" is prolly just yeast. :laugh:
  9. O

brown algae

Have you tried one of smaller breeds of plecos? Something like a rubber pleco or something similar that will stay smaller.
  10. O

Walmart 55gal aquarium light

Most likely it is not enough wattage for plants. The wattage of the 29 gallon package was only 18 watts with a single bulb.
  11. O

freshwater shrimp

If they are catching and eating fish it sounds like you may have a crayfish or lobster ;)
  12. O

Amano eggs

Thanks, very informative.
  13. O

Amano eggs

About how long is it before amano shrimp eggs start hatching? I have 1 male and 2 females. The first female laid eggs 3 days ago and the second female laid eggs yesterday.
  14. O

Used Tank...cleaning and paint removal

Its not that easy to scratch glass with a razor, and the razor would be the safest way to remove the paint from the back. I just aquired 6 used 20 gallon tanks with glass tops that were pretty crusty. I scraped all 6 of them with a single edge razor and never made a mark. You could use a old...
  15. O

If you had your own Fish Aisle, what would you put in it?

Larger cans of blood worms and such would be nice, all they stock around here are the smaller cans and I have to get several at a time so I dont have to go to the fish store every week. High quality tank tools in general, not the cheep'o plastic tongs and grabbers. Longer gravel vac tubes...
  16. O

firebelly toad question

In my expenience most frog are more active in the evening and night time, but then again, frogs aren't the most active of creatures.
  17. O

Leaking aquarium, Need a bigger frog tank.

I need a cheap/free ;) tank in the 20+ gallon range to be used as a frog tank (doesn't have to hold water). I don't need lights or anything else, just a bigger tank. I currently have them in a 10-gallon and their rather cramped. A 29/30-gallon would probably be ideal, but bigger is always...
  18. O

Knifefish Preference?

At my LFS they have a product called a "Knifefish House" its just a clear tube like on the end of a gravel vac. At quite a good mark up price too, :rolleyes: .
  19. O

My plants look like they need to be dusted...

Mondo grass isn't an aquarium plant. plantgeek info link
  20. O

Platies Had Babies

I seperated my first batch of platies but stoped after that, and most of them still survived. I feed them powered flake and freeze dried brine shrimp. I started with 1 male and 3 females, and now I've got platies comeing out of my ears, gonna have to start doing something with them soon.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store