Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. G

fluval 305

This page has a great review with many pictures of an older/smaller model but it is virtually the same filter. http://www.cloudytanks.com/canisters.htm
  2. G

Jalli Titanium Heater Problems

Cheap heater?? HA! For anyone out there interested. I contacted Jalli and they are going to send me a replacement heater. All I have to do is return my heater in the box my new one arrives in. They said it will be prepaid too! Apparently they have a 6 month warranty, which I am over, but...
  3. G

Jalli Titanium Heater Problems

I purchased a 500W Jalli Titanium Heater serveral months ago to help heat my 150 gal FW aquarium. The heater rairly turns on during the summer months. This last time I cleaned my aquarium I checked my heater and found it non-functional. The green power light turns on but the red heater light...
  4. G

looking for a 120+ gl for cheap

Search the surrounding area's on craigslist, not just where you live. Here is a 130 for $300 located in West Branch. http://nmi.craigslist.org/for/390820436.html I ended up buying new from Pet Supplies Plus. They have great prices on AGA.
  5. G

Best Nitrate Remover?

I love how this guy asks a simple question and a hundred people feel the urge to say "water change". Isn't it a waste of time to repeat something so much? This is a perfectly good question. I have no clue who buy's nitrate remover. Someone must, otherwise stores would not stock it...
  6. G

Is my 55G overstocked??

No, I wouldn't worry. It is common knowledge the more fish you put in your tank the better the tank is. I belive "the more the marrier" is how the saying goes. Joking aside, a good rule of thumb is... If you are worried about over stocking, you probably are. I have 4 cichlids in my 55...
  7. G

different opinions on water changes

As everyone has said, every tank is different. Once your tank is up and running all you need to monitor is Nirate levels. I keep my Nitrate levels below 10 mg/L in my reef tank. I perform a 10% WC weekly and my levels seem to hover around 5 mg/L. Most people recommend 20 mg/L for FW...
  8. G

Is it possible to over filter a tank?

Oh, one other thing... I have an AC110 on my 10 gallon reef tank. It's rated for 100 gallons but many reefers use them on 10 gallon tanks. There is no such thing as "overfiltration".
  9. G

Is it possible to over filter a tank?

I would go with the Eheim. You will not be overfiltered. I have (2) Eheim 2026 filters on a 55 gallon. I also have (2) Eheim 2028 filters on a 150 gallon. Eheim canister's are great.
  10. G

High PH in new tank, due to sand?

The sand could be raising the PH in your tank. You said that you have other tanks with normal PH? What is the PH of your water before you put it in the tank? Do you add anything to the water? What type of fish are in this tank? Some fish benifit from higher PH levels. You might not have...
  11. G

First 10 Gallon Tank...

That is alot of fish for such a small tank. Your bioload may exceed the limits of your filtration and you will run into teritorial issues, which it seems you already are.
  12. G

Saltwater to freshwater

Give saltwater a serious thought. It is much more rewarding then freshwater. That being said... Any small amount of salt left on anything won't hurt freshwater fish. It will be diluted and a little salt won't hurt.
  13. G

180 gallon tank

Two Oscars and that's it. You'll be suprised when they grow up. They need alot of room and put out a tremendous amount of waste.
  14. G

Phosphates-Where do they come from?

what did you live rock smell like when you put it in the tank? The rock smelt fine. It was all fully cured, covered in purple corraline. My LFS claims that she has had the rock in her tank for over a year. I know her well and have no reason to belive it hasn't. The rock was out of the...
  15. G

Phosphates-Where do they come from?

I have a 10 gallon tank that has been running for 2 months. There has been 15 lbs of cured LR from my LFS almost the whole time. I use RO water in my tank. Just recent I have had major hair algae growth. I tested for phosphates and they where just below 3.0 ppm. I have tested my RO water...
  16. G

Titanium Heaters Via Aqua any good?

In my years (close to 20) of experiance I have not had a heater that hasn't leaked at one point or another (besides the old hang on type that had the dial on top). Every submersible heater I've owned has leaked at one time or another. I have used some unknown name brand heaters (too long ago...
  17. G

Is this Aiptasia?

I knwo it's been asked a million times before but I am not sure what this is. Do I need to worry about this being Aiptasia or is it most likly not?
  18. G

Magnetic algae cleaners

They work great! I bought the biggest one they have. I belive it is called a Mag Float. They come in two styles, 1 for glass & 1 for acrylic. I have read that the bigger ones work better because the magnets are bigger and more powerful but you have a large tank so you will want the largest...
  19. G

recommendations for a canister filter

I love my Eheim PRO II filters. Look for the Eheim 2026.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store