Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. phaedraeos

yellow watchman goby gone mad?

Maybe if you try training him to eat food (like a nice piece of squid or shrimp) off a pair of forceps, he'll get a) used to that and b) nice and full, and he'll leave the other fish alone?
  2. phaedraeos

FS: 36" CF light fixture

Is this sold?
  3. phaedraeos

WTB: Pygmy Corys

where are you loccated? I have some I could sell you if you're anywhere near MA
  4. phaedraeos

Weather loaches??

i have 3, a gold, a brown, and the big girl peeking into the picture here. the one shown is probably about 8 inches long now. she was one of my first fish; i've had her since she was about 3-4 inches long and i got her about 2 years ago. she's moved over 350 miles with me from central ny to...
  5. phaedraeos

please help...

it's tough to say how much more he'll grow. personally, i'd start with a 10 gallon tank and see how he does. if he actually starts growing again, go to a 20. I can't imagine you'd need anything over a 20H for him.
  6. phaedraeos

Eyeless Orandas

Well, I'm down to one but he seems to be doing ok. His name is Blindy. I fed him last night by putting him in a livebearer breeding box (the plastic kind that floats at the top of the water for the female livebearer to have her fry in), and he ate quite a bit. As for pellets, I've always...
  7. phaedraeos

Moving With Fish ?????

I moved from central NY to Boston with about 90 fish, some HUGE and some itty bitty, and here's how I did it: I bought fish bags and talked my local PetSmart into letting me use their oxygen, then bagged most of the fish individually or in small schools and put them in coolers to keep the...
  8. phaedraeos

Roseline Shark Problem??

I know they also prefer the water temperature to be on the cooler side. How warm is your tank? I have a group of four that's doing great in an unheated aquarium. I've had mine for a couple of months and they don't seem to be the fastest growers. My LFS also has a bunch in a planted...
  9. phaedraeos

Eyeless Orandas

I work at a petstore that also sells fish. It's one of the last privately owned pet stores in Boston, and has really healthy livestock, can do special orders, etc - in all, one of the best LFS's I've seen and one I'm proud to work for. Unfortunately though, someone was not paying enough...
  10. phaedraeos

goldfish are compatible with...?

I've posted this in previous threads, but here is my successful goldfish (coldwater) tank. Please bear in mind that many of my non-goldfish are still very small (i.e. the plecos and denison's barbs) and that my tank is due for an upgrade soon. As for the goldfish, I got them all at the 1" to...
  11. phaedraeos

Oranda Goldfish

I'm going to disagree with previous posts and say that your comets will be fine with your orandas. As far as temperature, while fancy goldfish are happy at slightly warmer temps, they are still coldwater fish. I let my tank fall down to about 68 degrees in the winter (or however cold my house...
  12. phaedraeos

Bulldog/Rubberlip Pleco

mine have always been shy as well, but i've found that if i have a few of them they're more likely to come out and chase each other around for prime rock spots. i have 3 at the moment and i tend to see each about once a day. i don't think they'll ever be as bold as some of my other plecs though.
  13. phaedraeos

Goldfish Proof Plants

the only thing i've found that works for my goldfish is anubais, and they'll try hard to eat it anyway. they destroyed my sword. i'd try just a bunch of different anubais types and intersperse some interesting plastic plants to fill out the space. are you tying/rubber-banding/clipping down...
  14. phaedraeos

Anyone have red line sharks?

i have four of them in my goldfish tank (they perfer colder water) i don't have any live shrimp (due of course to the goldfish), but i have a ton of bottom-dwelling fish and a few snails, and i haven't seen the denison's barbs go after any of them . . . i also put in about 7 large...
  15. phaedraeos

Help! Snails problem!

If you really want to get rid of them, I think the natural way is the best - get (or borrow) some snail predators! I had a HUGE snail infestation in my 50g planted, so I countered with a male/female pair of freshwater red-eyed puffers, and now I have to BUY snails to keep those guys fed...
  16. phaedraeos

Fish with goldfish?

Just as a post for comparison, here is what I have my goldfish in. The important thing to realize is that I just upgraded my tank in March, and I'm already looking for a larger one. I think I'm going to have to build my own acrylic 120 gallon. Currently I do water checks weekly, and water...
  17. phaedraeos

Woofys Plecos Galore!

I'm looking for male Medusa plecos and Chubby plecos (Rubber Plecos)
  18. phaedraeos

Goldfish ?

many of the fish you have are schooling fish - i know this isn't specifically the question you asked, but you might want to consider getting more neons, plattys, swordtails and tetras. i know the neon especially would feel more comfortable with others of his species. if you do get more of...
  19. phaedraeos

Goldfish ?

yes, you can put fantails in with those fish. the only thing the higher temp will do is reduce dissolved oxygen and raise the goldfishes' metabolism, so make sure there is adequate aeration and check your ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite levels frequently. you can house a couple of baby fantails...
  20. phaedraeos

Piranha and a buddy????

I have seen all sorts of fish torn up by pirhanas including plecos and oscars. I do not suggest keeping any other species with them.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store