Fish with goldfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
I have a weather loach with my 2 fancy goldfish. They don't bother each other but the goldfish will stare at the weather loach like, "WTF is wrong with your body?"

phaedraeos

AC Members
Nov 30, 2006
Boston, MA
Just as a post for comparison, here is what I have my goldfish in. The important thing to realize is that I just upgraded my tank in March, and I'm already looking for a larger one. I think I'm going to have to build my own acrylic 120 gallon. Currently I do water checks weekly, and water changes at 50% 1x or 2x weekly.

75g
Aquaclear 110 and Fluval 404
Random small current creator and bubble wand
No live plants

Fish:
1 shubunkin, 9 inch
1 celestial goldfish, 5 inch
2 orandas, 6 inch
1 calico moor, 5 inch

6 bronze cories (mama keeps popping out more babies, I started with 3)
2 peppered cories
2 large dojos 7", 1 small dojo 3"
3 rubber plecos, 1.5" to 3"
1 ancistrus 4"
1 royal 3"
1 common pleco 4"
3 golden barbs
5 zebra danios (number is slowly decreasing - one of the goldfish is doing away with them)
4 denison's barbs

4 apple snails
2 ramshorn snails

temp is that of the house, which is rather warm now. at 77 degrees or above, i drop in frozen water bottles till it gets back to 75. during the winter, temp drops to approx 68. there isn't a heater.

these fish are healthy and GROWING, as well as breeding. i routinely get cory eggs and ramshorn eggs. i moved all the goldfish, the golden barbs, the common pleco, the dojos, some of the zebra fish, and all the bronze cories from central ny to boston with a broken tank, and they all made it.

Just a quick snapshot of what i've got. Here are some really poor poor quality pics. Water looks like crap cause I had a bacteria bloom due to a temperature spike.

mrbristly.jpg ocarina.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store