Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Sorab

Post pics of your Gouramis

a sparkling, very small but typical gourami.
  2. Sorab

Small Anubias Question

Its 100% an echinodorus species, (sword) the flower is same as the ones mine have grown. The plantlets will start to grow roots of their own, I would leave them until they do though they would probably grow roots if you plant them in or out of the water.
  3. Sorab

African Filter Shrimp

They should be okay, it takes them a day or two to get active again after a molt. When they have a space in the tank they like they tend to stay there. I do feed mine a bit of crushed flake sometimes, I put it on a tweezers squash it a bit and let if float into the fans. Your tank is quite big...
  4. Sorab

Utricularia striata info

This one is a beautiful little plant if you can grow it. http://www.tropica.com/default.asp Another one U. Gibba is a weed in many tanks it often it comes in with moss. Its very hard to get rid of it all if you dont like it. Edit: I tried to post a direct link to the plant without sucess...
  5. Sorab

Can diatom bloom hurts my plants?

Diatoms are common in new tanks they usually disappears after a few months, ottos are great diatom eaters. If it is covering the plants it will block the light so it would restrict growth. Nerite snails are excellent (most wont breed in freshwater), They lay hard white eggs on wood that are not...
  6. Sorab

55 Gallon Sidthimunki Tank Completed!

Thats a super home for the lil guys, very nice tank for those great little fish.
  7. Sorab

Plant ID Help, Please...

Its riccia, I have it in a tank eventhough I never got any.
  8. Sorab

Rainbows, angels, and corys!

Very good pics again, I really like the cory shots.
  9. Sorab

I Have Blue-green Algae >.<

Do a 50% water change then a complete three day blackout, with the tank not getting a chink of light (cover the tank with refuse sacks and no peeking) followed by another 50% wc and that should see to it. The shrimp and any plants you have will do fine for three days with the blackout.
  10. Sorab

Honest opinion on Parrot fish.

I could never see their attraction, they look ugly and artificial. I dont think its wrong to keep them except of course when they are injected with dye which is even more ugly.
  11. Sorab

How to keep Ludwigia Red

Its mostly light levels that count, lower nitrates and enough iron also help, I have read, but chances are that it is the lack of light.
  12. Sorab

House Plants rooted in tank / benefit?

The rooting plants will take up quite a lot of nutrients, depends how many you have but they will help water quality. Here tap water can have 50ppm nitrate so I used to grow land plants in pots of gravel on the edge of my african cichlid tanks. From the tests they did keep the nitrates down, but...
  13. Sorab

A few new shots.

Really excellent shots of beautiful fish.
  14. Sorab

7 fish pics

Thanks for the great feedback, very much appreciated. Another loach and blenny and ramshorn
  15. Sorab

Clowning Around

Lovely pics of fat healthy clowns.
  16. Sorab

My 20 gallon (mostly) tetra tank...

Yes much better, good job!
  17. Sorab

Identify Plant

If it had a tuber the new roots would be growing out of it. I expect it is the way it was grown with the roots confined in a hard clay or something. To remove large rooted plants I pull them up a little then just cut around the crown, the rotting roots get eaten by the other plants. Its an...
  18. Sorab

Hop, Skip, Munch...

Great setup well done looks great.
  19. Sorab

7 fish pics

Thanks so much for so many nice replies, very good to get. I took the pics with a canon XTI (D400 in Europe) with a 65mm lens and an off camera flash. The loaches are a favourite of mine, I used to keep clowns but dont keep a big enough tank for them now so the dwarf ones are a good choice. The...
  20. Sorab

I have a shy fish problem . . . help!

Agree with ThePBM above also if you dont have much light in the room fish are generally less scared.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store