Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

The best/hardest lesson you've learned?

discus in 72BF tank. don't introduce new fish w/o QT - so important espec. with discus & SW fish! QT & treat for at least 2-3wks. I did not cuz I was too anxious & paid the price with 1. parasites & hunger strikes & 2. ich. lost one discus (& that was lucky!)
  2. S

For less frequent water changes, why not use...

wondering if one can get away with less w/c using water conditioners to get rid of ammonia, nitrite/nitrates? i.e. this is what I have in stock: Prime * Tap water conditioner removes chlorine and chloramine * Detoxifies ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, and heavy metals * Safely condition...
  3. S

Tips on vacationing in Florida - Disney & Universal & Seaworld

2 families of 4 1. discounts on for disney, universal & other attractions 2. what to avoid 3. where to go eat on reasonable budget (not too expensive but no fast food), decent place to stay 4. car rentals 5. tee shirt souvenirs 6. best things for kids to do/take them besides...
  4. S

Help me have a great camping trip

bear repellent, deer repellent, porcupine repellent, raccoon repellent, wolf repellent, wild dog repellent, leopard seal repellent, hawk/eagle repellent, fire red ant spray, mozzie spray (heavy on the deet!), tick spray, sun screen pf50, toilet paper & bio-degradable paper bag to dump in!, ice...
  5. S

"I GOT ROBBED" what did you buy that you felt after using/consuming it was a rip-off?

the no oil splatter frying pan screen! it splatters like there was no screen there in the 1st place!! I think this will be an educational post for all of us to learn from other's buying mistakes! so - please share your rip-offs so we can avoid it ourselves! a public assistance awareness...
  6. S

Respond to a Question With a Question!

relatively speaking, what's your theory on humidity humility?
  7. S

AC fans vs. all others

anyone use an AC on their 10gal? which size is good for you? thinking AC30 for me. thx.
  8. S

have u done something so stupid in the last 30days? willing to admit it? non-aquatic

stupid reporter here again! I was doing a major w/c. I have a motorized siphon set up (which makes a ton of machiney noise!) & a hose to refill at the same time. I had to run upstairs to do something. I asked my daughter (9) to watch the tank so when it gets near the top to turn off the water...
  9. S

top or bottom, over or below, up or down?

no no no! it's ok! I like it. but don't think many people will respond. so set up yours so we can vote on yours!!
  10. S

Have any great tips to share? non-aquatic

when picking up dog poop & you have to dump it in your trash can - double bag it! keeps the smell in better don't wash any hair down your drain - bathroom, tub or kitchen - it will eventually clog some day! stop smoking! you will smell better, your lungs will get healthier, lower your risk of...
  11. S

what your favorite potato chip flavor/company?

wow! lays makes country styled chips? greek chips?! wonder what they make in china? shrimp chips?! flied lice chips? or in russia? vodka chips? or in japan? sushi chips? or in mexico? taco chips? or in france? pate chips? or in england? fish n chips? alright alright! I...
  12. S

Ms. Jinkzd is officially a movie star!!!!!!!!

did I miss the previews or was this the full length feature? glad we didn't need our 3D glasses - save $5/tkt!! popcorn anyone?!
  13. S

ICK---Will not go away.

sorry to hear of both bad news. make sure you file for unemployment p.d.q.! "less spots" meaning still there?
  14. S

have u done something so stupid in the last 30days? willing to admit it? non-aquatic

mr stupid reporting again! I'm suppose to walk the dog every nite b4 going 2sleep, last nite was so tired I didn't bother... big mistake! dog had diarhea & pooped all over including on the rugs! my wife was livid to say the least!
  15. S

can u believe they now make jalapena cheetos?! that is one spicy air puff!
  16. S

top or bottom, over or below, up or down?

good one! this is good poll! I wad mine. do u know how to set up a poll? do it! don't want to take credit for your "crap" from ya! 8=) p.s. my daughter folds my son I think wads! my wife I dare not say!
  17. S

no matter how much u love each other now, if either of u have any significant wealth, sign a pre-nup! one never knows! wedded bliss doesn't last forever!
  18. S

at graduation time, better not to curl your hair, easier to keep cap on with str8 hair, espec. if you're valedictorian or salutatorian (spelling?)
  19. S

wow! kettle bbq chips!
  20. S

AC fans vs. all others

so in conclusion, AC + canisters are by far the majority. I on the other hand are in the minority where I am solely an AC user, no longer use any canisters.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store