Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. biggdadyapisto

Wood for tank

I know its too big but if yo do have a piece you want to clean, salt water and baking soda work.
  2. biggdadyapisto

What Was Your GATEWAY Fish?

a dojo loach and then what locked me in was a Lamprologus ocellatus female and her shell she had babies. I've loved it ever since I wasn't the best fish husband ever till I got a job and started learning but I did the best I could with the knowledge I had.
  3. biggdadyapisto

Any cichlids other then rams 4 a 10 gal planted

Taeniacara candidi are beautiful and one of the smaller dwarf south american species a little more aggressive though here's a link http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?genus=Taeniacara&species=candidi&id=124
  4. biggdadyapisto

Low Tech or Semi-High tech?

some macros wont cause a bloom, like potassium is needed you can do without phosphate or nitrogen. ill say you can stay away from excel if your doing valls its like a dangerous dance i tried to use it worked for a while then they got tired of it and almost died off. if you dont want to do root...
  5. biggdadyapisto

Do you need this if you have that?

nope not redundancy if you want to add more oxygen to the water the more bubbles the merrier.
  6. biggdadyapisto

Low Tech or Semi-High tech?

with all the plants you want its not as big a deal with high tech. anubias are slow growers no matter what, other than through co2. higher lights mean you have to up the anti with all the ferts co2 included i say the first is your best choice and using ferts in that is ok most of the plants you...
  7. biggdadyapisto

Restarting with my BC14

how about other dwarf cichlids or maybe some type of killifish.
  8. biggdadyapisto

Strange spot in Gravel, what next!

you could always while doing a water change take your fish and put them in a holding tank with water from this tank. while the water is low stir it and aerate the water for a while till the smell go's away. it shouldn't take too long to gas off.
  9. biggdadyapisto

Why do I always plant tanks backwards?

potted plant is an amazon sword looks like a mother plant good size.
  10. biggdadyapisto

How to clean out Lysol ?

+1 vineger +1 carbon +1 saltwater maybe try a baking soda mixture i did that on an old 55 and it worked wonders. i know there were a bunch of chemicals in that tank.
  11. biggdadyapisto

DIY Clear spraybar for just $5

have you tested it yet?
  12. biggdadyapisto

New to Site

welcome to aquariacentral Ianandar
  13. biggdadyapisto

Help with my 2 tanks, plants not healthy

its not as much a matter of time on as is, bulbs on. the more bulbs used the more nutrients and co2 needed. I've used 12000k bulbs and grew plants ok not the best light for growth but it works 6700k is the best imo.
  14. biggdadyapisto

75 gallon stocking ideas needed

+++++111111 really beautiful ive seen one of these done with rams and flag cichlids and a bunch of tetras.
  15. biggdadyapisto

Rate the avatar above you

kirby my game back in the day so i give you a 10.
  16. biggdadyapisto

volusia FL cichlid society idea and member inquiries

well i was thinking of basing it out of west Volusia but any where in the area DeLand, Daytona, Orange city, Deltona. if i had more people to help it could have two areas and a major meeting of the two groups or more. just most of the groups in Florida aren't too big ie they dont move much out...
  17. biggdadyapisto

T.S.P will it work for phosphate? other dry firts i can find at store????

thanks guys i appreciate the answers i just was looking for alternatives as im an experimenter at heart and looking into all the npk chemicals i can find around town ill probably end up getting the ferts online im saving up but its been really hard round here lately.
  18. biggdadyapisto

T.S.P will it work for phosphate? other dry firts i can find at store????

I've been a mad dog lately on the look out for dry firts and i found tri-sodium phosphate and was wondering has anyone used it in success or is it a lost cause? its cool never would have known that my water softener can use straight potassium chloride im going to use that for my K. any...
  19. biggdadyapisto

2 T-5's better for planted tank than 2 T-12's?

colormax bulbs are really red bulbs u can use them just not all that pretty. going with t5 maybe one that says its color temp is 6000k-10000k aka daylight along with the colormax. any bulb that has a color spectrum higher than 10000k your plants and fish wont need it.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store