Nuchal Hump Champion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

icefish

AC Members
Aug 3, 2003
The Frozen North
Visit site
Ho

ly

Crap

That reminds me of the short sumo wrestler who to make the minimum height requirement had silicone injected into his scalp (it sagged, and he didn't qualify).

Frameshift

Cookie Monster
Oct 22, 2001
Honolulu, HI
I just read this thread at Aquamojo's forum yesterday...What do you think?

Here's the pic,

FROM AQUAMOJO.COM

It is a super male Haitiensis, a Jeff Rapps fish that is 4" with that hump. There is also some video linked to in the post.

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
Cichlid Scene's citrinellum is a beast. Every time I see a picture of it I have to laugh out loud. Come to think of it the man doesn't have many fish that DON'T grow a nuchal hump...'cept maybe his foot long Clown Loaches.

I think Cichlid Scene should be the Nuchal Champion. :D

Tiger15

AC Members
Jan 20, 1999
New Jersey
shirley.stormloader.com
I still don't think the Haitiensis or Cichlidscene's Midas can beat the Flowerhorn hump size.

Pet and pet owner resemble one another. I am afraid one day Cichlidscene will turn into this:

http://www.flowerhorn.com.my/kb.asp

Not a bad feacture though because according to Eastern superstition, big forehead is a sign of longivity, beauty and good fortune.

Contrary to criticism of hybrid fish in the west, Flowerhorn competition are big events in the east. One measurement of beauty is the size of the hump. I think we should host pageant competition here for species nuchal hump. Which species do you think will likely win:

Frontosa
Midas
Trimac
G. brazillinis
G. Bolzani
Green Terror
African Buffalo Head
?

For fair competition, the criterion should be based on relative size to the body, not the absolute size.

Tiger15

AC Members
Jan 20, 1999
New Jersey
shirley.stormloader.com
Wow! This GT comes head to head with the Flowerhorn. Without a ruler, it's hard to tell who is the champ. Personality wise, the Flowerhorn has an edge because he was fearless, charging at the camera.

Not all humps are equal. Frontosa's hump is permanent, made up of of fat and tissue. GT's hump is like male penis, filled with liquid that can expand or contract in hours depending on motivational level. I am not sure about Flowerhorn because I have never owned one.

Is there other contestant?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store