Grins' 55g Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well, on the way to start my Christmas shopping (yes I said start... :silly:) I stopped by a local market to buy some Newcastle Brown Ale as a suprise thank you for my favorite coral store owner. He mentioned this morning that he loved it and he knows I do too, so arriving at his store I announce it is not a Christmas present because beer as that would be tacky. But he laughed and said he knew he liked me for a reason.

He gave me first pick of the 2 best Montipora Undata he had not yet fragged to a small size and already had the flatworm exit hidden behind the counter for me. I'm so excited about this frag now that I've seen the parent colony. I was already in love with it but knowing it may get that same purple rim is even better.

But while in the store I suddenly heard voices..CPD is that you? Damon? Salty? Mark? Matt? Niko? (I'm starting to sound like the Romper Room lady so I'll cease with the names, don't feel left out please) Stop it! I can not spend anymore money on the tank right now! Stop it you evil heathens!

All I can say is I apparently suck at resisting because I also left the store with 2 gorgeous zoa frags and the 14,000K bulbs I was trying to hold off on until next Spring. Oh...I don't blame the entirely..Steve the owner was also refreshing my beverage.(Dear NC Liquor Control Board, the beverage I was drinking was um...Diet Coke, yes thats the ticket..Diet Coke)

I'll have pics tomorrow. :lipssealedsmilie:

Morel

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Tanks looking really good Grins :)

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Well, on the way to start my Christmas shopping (yes I said start... :silly:) I stopped by a local market to buy some Newcastle Brown Ale as a suprise thank you for my favorite coral store owner. He mentioned this morning that he loved it and he knows I do too, so arriving at his store I announce it is not a Christmas present because beer as that would be tacky. But he laughed and said he knew he liked me for a reason.

He gave me first pick of the 2 best Montipora Undata he had not yet fragged to a small size and already had the flatworm exit hidden behind the counter for me. I'm so excited about this frag now that I've seen the parent colony. I was already in love with it but knowing it may get that same purple rim is even better.

But while in the store I suddenly heard voices..CPD is that you? Damon? Salty? Mark? Matt? Niko? (I'm starting to sound like the Romper Room lady so I'll cease with the names, don't feel left out please) Stop it! I can not spend anymore money on the tank right now! Stop it you evil heathens!

All I can say is I apparently suck at resisting because I also left the store with 2 gorgeous zoa frags and the 14,000K bulbs I was trying to hold off on until next Spring. Oh...I don't blame the entirely..Steve the owner was also refreshing my beverage.(Dear NC Liquor Control Board, the beverage I was drinking was um...Diet Coke, yes thats the ticket..Diet Coke)

I'll have pics tomorrow. :lipssealedsmilie:
And you just had the nerve to blame me in a PM???!!! :mad2:

LOL can't wait for the picks.. I'm sure they will look stunning in your tank.. And btw.. Use putty not super glue.. LOL

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I know I distinctly heard the sound of a camera shutter clicking..

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I went with Hamiltons. They were in stock and they use them for their own tanks so I could see them in use. I might move up to one of the fancier brands next time but for now I wanted to just get rid of how the 10000ks brown everything out to the naked eye. And whoa what a difference, so glad I made the change. I need to lower the bulbs down closer to the water now but will have to wait until my son can do it after the holkday.

Oh and Clown, I have taken some photos this morning and need to see if I came close to resetting the white balance correctly. Changing the bulbs has caused me to need to play with the settings a bit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store