55g Planted tank (The Start)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
A few weeks back I managed to find a decent 55g tank setup for sale on ebay. Well after a few non stop bids I managed to get the tank for an awesome price.
The Setup included: Perfecto Tank, wooden stand, hood with light and I managed to get an eheim canister filter from the seller as well.
(ebay photo of the tank)

Once I got the tank home I began cleaning it/testing it for leaks.. Well after tank was 1/4 filled.. what do you know.. A darn crack at the brace, and as the tank filled more the gap got larger and larger until it just snapped completely. The whole top frame looked weathered and im glad it happened now and not when the tank was already up and running.
I tried contacting the seller to see if he can perhaps work with me and split the cost of a new brace.. well that *BEEP* ignored me completely..

So I went ahead and ordered a new frame with brace from ThatFishPlace.. I got an email from them today saying that it has been shipped, so i should get it by friday (so thats GREAT news)

Today i started stripping the old frame off the tank.. And lets just say WOW is it a real pain in the *BEEP*.. But after some sweat and elbow grease I managed to take all the plastic off (still need to clean the silicone off with alcohol)

Well this is where i stand right now..
If the frame comes this friday then I will hopefully have the tank up and filled by monday. And thats when the fun begins.. New wood, More plants, MORE FUN!!!

Well until next update..

Thanks for checking out the beginning of my new Planted Tank!!

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Nice wood.

Cant wait to see more pics.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Awesome BK. I can't wait to see it progress. :)

ymeramees

AC Members
Jul 28, 2008
Tallinn, Estonia
Bk828Well after tank was 1/4 filled.. what do you know.. A darn crack at the brace, and as the tank filled more the gap got larger and larger until it just snapped completely.
Oih, sorry to hear that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
How big is 55 g in litres? 1000? Bigger?
I will be getting new, 550 Litre tank at the end of this month, hopefully :) and it looks rahter big, when I look at yours, it seems, that mine is a tiny box.
Anyways, waiting for news and new pics as your tank comes together.

pre98zetec

AC Members
Mar 23, 2008
Kennedy, NY
www.groundpoundersrc.com
Oih, sorry to hear that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
How big is 55 g in litres? 1000? Bigger?
I will be getting new, 550 Litre tank at the end of this month, hopefully :) and it looks rahter big, when I look at yours, it seems, that mine is a tiny box.
Anyways, waiting for news and new pics as your tank comes together.
55g is 208 litres. 550 litres is 148g.

As all of that wood going in there? Looks good!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store