55g Planted tank (The Start)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Just finished adding the new frame..
Used GE Silicone I for the application, which is extremely cheap.
hmmm the smell of silicone :crazy:

Now we wait until the weekend to once again clean the tank and do a water test..

Question: it doesnt matter if you OD or add "some" silicone to the frame.. As long as its enough to hold it in place then its all good right??

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
Yep... excess can always be scraped away. It's better to have more than less here as some people have had water migrate under the frame and over the glass.

Q

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
How did I miss this post? Yes you did get a good deal on that tank, I know cause I was watching it! =) Didn't feel like going all the way up there for it though, instead I am going to Philly to get a 72g bowfront (GREAT deal on Ebay!). :)

Congratz on the tank! Love your wood! Will you be keeping the links for your 10g & 29g in your signature? I sure hope so, they are great links!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Can't wait for the updates and pics! Good luck!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
i seen that wood before
lol did Rick (inka4040) show you??

How did I miss this post? Yes you did get a good deal on that tank, I know cause I was watching it! =) Didn't feel like going all the way up there for it though, instead I am going to Philly to get a 72g bowfront (GREAT deal on Ebay!). :)

Congratz on the tank! Love your wood! Will you be keeping the links for your 10g & 29g in your signature? I sure hope so, they are great links!
lol dont tell me you were the one outbidding me.. I was going to spend tops $60 on the setup but some seller there kept outbidding me.. So my friend pushed me and said ehh wants another 20 bucks.. and then that $20 jumped to $40

Yup will be keeping the links just as eye candy.. Will be sad to see those tanks go but will have this monster to work with..

Can't wait for the updates and pics! Good luck!
Thanks bob

Today I started cleaning the space where the tank will go. Got the stand already in place just have to add a few shims to level it out.

Also washed some SMS i had on the side for additional substrate.. thing is such a pain to rinse.. Still have cloudy water in the bucket no matter how many times i poured/drained..

Hopefully will have water in the tank by tomorrow/monday.. With the wood coming in on wednesday + time to let it water log, by next weekend i should have it up and planted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store