55g Planted tank (The Start)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
55g is 208 litres. 550 litres is 148g.

As all of that wood going in there? Looks good!!
lol no not all the wood. The wood is being split between Inka4040 and I. And then im further splitting it with a buddy of mine who also just setup a planted tank.

Thanks for the support Neon and Rich!! :headbang2::headbang2:

jpittman_56

AC Members
Jan 13, 2008
Quakertown, PA
Congrats on the new 55, can't wait to see it all set up, I love the look of your planted tanks!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
What's the date on that tank? I'm sure you've checked the silicone but if it's original and over 15 years old I'd think about redoing it. I've thrown away a 12 year old 20 gallon tank with a cracked frame just because I didn't want to bother with resealing it and getting a new frame. Yours is different though. Size matters when it comes to resealing a tank. The bigger the tank the more worthwhile it is.

Psyched about yer new tank. I know it'll be cool.

Q

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks everyone. I am 2 psyched about getting this monster up and running.

Que I tried checking the bottom of the tank for a date.. it has some tiny paper below it saying something like "distributed by _____" but i dont think it has a date.. Ill look again.
The seller told me the tank is 3-4 yrs old.
When i was cleaning the tank I was actually testing for leaks as well and from looks of it there werent any. But either way once the new frame is on ill be retesting once again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store