d00d's 20 long nano reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

d00d

AC Members
Aug 18, 2008
Heres my 20 long nano reef, its my first marine tank. ive had it set up for about 2 months now. its mainly a softie/LPS reef. please leave comments/criticism :)

specs-
4x24W T5HO from Catalina Aquariums
Bulbs are 1 ATI Aquablue + 1 KZ Fiji Purple 1 UVL Actinic White 12000K and 1 UVL Super Actinic
Koralia 1 and Nano
2.3 gal HOB Fuge holding chaeto, caulerpa, chemi pure elite, purigen, 4lbs of ls and lr. made by scootrnerd
HOB Filter for mechanical filtration
~25lbs of lr from Sealife inc
~20lbs of ls
100W heater

fish/inverts-
six line wrasse
yellow tail blue damsel
skunk cleaner shrimp

CUC-
3 nassarius
3 ceriths
7 astreas
3 blue legs (1 in fuge)
1 emerald crab (in fuge)
1 rock crab hitchhiker (in fuge)

coral-
ricordeas
zoanthids/palys
acan lord
duncan
candy cane
torch
xenia
mushrooms

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
i like it! i like how you didnt fill it to the brim with LR, and im glad i could see some of scootrnerds work in action

d00d

AC Members
Aug 18, 2008
thanks! i tried to keep it simple :) the fuge is great.

youre from sarasota? im from punta gorda! awesome. do you go to coral connections alot?

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
I like the layout of your rock, too. I think it gives you a lot of places for coral, while still having plenty of room for your fish to swim.

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
Looks great! I want! :)

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Just a couple suggestions, you may want to move the pump that powers the fuge up towards the top of your tank for a couple reasons. 1. Higher levels of DOCs towards the top of the tank to be filtered out and 2. More importantly, if your return on the fuge ever got clogged you wouldn't have your whole tank draining on the floor like DSR just had happen.

I would put a coarse filter sponge over the tip of the hose on the return line from the fuge so Macro algae doesn't get sucked into it and clog, and also rethink the caulerpa down the road. I did both for a while myself and caulerpa can be a pain in the butt after a while, cheato does a great job and is much cleaner.

Tank does look awesome as well as the fuge layout and media choice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store