5G yellow shrimp tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
This is a 5g Marineland "Crescent" with a sponge filter subbed in for the whisper.

This is my wife's design (though I built it), so I can't take any blame/credit for the marimo ball "trees" on the little hut (we took off the plastic fronds).

Shrimp will be here next Wednesday (both filer and gravel came from established tank). Will also contain one red spot and one horned nerite.

The overall view:

The tank:

The hut and "trees"

Last edited:

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
I love marino ball trees! Not so crazy about the hut but as tank decor goes...well, not that bad I guess. Tastes differ. I have a Buddha in one of mine. :)

Also love the big rock and the najas/guppy grass surrounding it. Shrimp should love it. That is a terrific setup and I am officially jealous.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Awesome! I, too want to see them walking in and out of the hut!! The marimo trees are genius - I'm getting a Seuss vibe... I've seen those tanks before in the store, perfect size for shrimp! And the scale with the deco is really great.

How are you handling your air pump for the sponge filter? I hate the vibration & sound they make, but I picked up a small sponge filter to try on my 5g. I'm just not sure the best way to muffle it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store