5G yellow shrimp tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

saram521

AC Members
May 10, 2008
Georgia
www.aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Sara
Sorry to hear of the decline in your colony population. That's happened to me on occasion with my cherries and blue pearls before, but they usually build their numbers back up. The female yellows are looking sharp!

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
cool

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
Hi all! I thought I'd do a long overdue update. The tank is doing great! My yellows finally decided to start breeding. I have tossed about 10 adults into my outdoor tub, where they're thriving, and including juvies I still have more in this tank than I started with. Lots of saddled and berried girls as well.
I have a bit of a ramshorn overpopulation in this tank. I don't mind them one bit, but they do compete with the yellows for food, so we're taking steps to alleviate this problem. Most likely it'll start by my wife getting a dwarf puffer in her empty nano tank.
Anyway, here are some pics:

Full tank shot:

Saddled girl:

A nicely colored shrimp:

Thanks for looking!

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
cute tank, thanks for posting. Over the past few years, I've had some ups and downs with my yellows, they dont breed as readily for me as rcs, or malawa, but they sure are beautiful!

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
just read all this thread and looks great , I also have yellow and cherry shrimp not in same tank :) and love them , Yellows are on a breeding brake now thought last berried shrimp was 2 months ago

Keep us posted

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store