$1 petsmart sale tetras & silver $ ! compatible withd discus?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
nah, won't be putting any fish with my discus any time soon. silver $ are fine with angels, done so in the past. but my 10g will have to suit them as babes for now. takes a long time for them to get to full size, can be years. & then only up to 6" or so.

they are quick for food. I like pairing silver $ with tricolor sharks, both fast swimmers & eaters!

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
mine are still alive! how is everyone else's buck a fish doing?

platytetrafan

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
NY
Am just leary about buying fish from petsmart after reading a thread that they have all there tanks on the same line so if one tank is sick the other fish get exposed to whatever the sick tank has that has kinda turned me off no matter what price they offer on their fish. Good luck!!!!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Am just leary about buying fish from petsmart after reading a thread that they have all there tanks on the same line so if one tank is sick the other fish get exposed to whatever the sick tank has that has kinda turned me off no matter what price they offer on their fish. Good luck!!!!
It depends so much on the PM. My Bleeding hearts and neons are from PM and the BH are almost 7 years old.

johnny_zanni

AC Members
Aug 16, 2009
almost all petstores are like that.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
almost all petstores are like that.

agree. my LFS's have central system also so makes no diff. if its petsmart petco or not. its the suppliers they use who have the sickly fish but its also the lfs that should be using QT system & treatment!

RDTigger

Newest member of F.A.R.T.
Jul 4, 2009
Pawleys Island, SC
agree. my LFS's have central system also so makes no diff. if its petsmart petco or not. its the suppliers they use who have the sickly fish but its also the lfs that should be using QT system & treatment!
Most LFS use that central line..however some take precaution and use UV sterilizers and other means to care for their tanks and stock.

pacpac2

Just swimmin' with the fishies!!
Feb 13, 2009
So Cal
Bought 20 black neon's, all got ick, all got warm water and meds. 18 survived and are now with the other 20 in the big tank. All is well in the world again.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
Bought 20 black neon's, all got ick, all got warm water and meds. 18 survived and are now with the other 20 in the big tank. All is well in the world again.

good 4u!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store