$1 petsmart sale tetras & silver $ ! compatible withd discus?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xVitox

Daphnia Wrangler
Feb 16, 2010
Downingtown, Pa
almost all petstores are like that.
Yeahthe only place that I have seen individual filters was a small LFS and even then they use the same equipment in all their tanks (nets, python and specimen holders)
I think my only worry with PM is that they seem to have a lo of dead fish....and they get kuhli's in that die all the time

Crispino Ramos

AC Members
Apr 8, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Real Name
Crispino Ramos
Thanks for this thread, I wouldn't have known about the $1 sale on Cardinal tetra at Petsmart, if not for your announcement. I was lucky to get 50 Cardinal tetras - that's a very good discount without the shipping cost. :)

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
nah, won't be putting any fish with my discus any time soon. silver $ are fine with angels, done so in the past. but my 10g will have to suit them as babes for now. takes a long time for them to get to full size, can be years. & then only up to 6" or so.
A 10G is a terrible tank to keep silver dollars in, sorry, but in my opinion you should not have bought those fish. I have read people who have had them go from 1" to 2.5" in a couple of months, even at only 2.5" they are going to be very cramped in a 10G, let alone when they start getting into the 4"+ size range.

Your 20G also sounds pretty crowded with 3 large angels, I have 2 in a 55G and they use up every inch of space. If you end up with a pair out of those 3, what do you plan to do with the odd one out?

I realize $1 is a good deal for any fish, but just because the price of the fish is good on your wallet does not make them fit any better in a small tank.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
Thanks for this thread, I wouldn't have known about the $1 sale on Cardinal tetra at Petsmart, if not for your announcement. I was lucky to get 50 Cardinal tetras - that's a very good discount without the shipping cost. :)

u r despised! not just 1 2 3 or maybe 10, no! u had to get 50!! no wonder both my PS had none!

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
A 10G is a terrible tank to keep silver dollars in, sorry, but in my opinion you should not have bought those fish. I have read people who have had them go from 1" to 2.5" in a couple of months, even at only 2.5" they are going to be very cramped in a 10G, let alone when they start getting into the 4"+ size range.

Your 20G also sounds pretty crowded with 3 large angels, I have 2 in a 55G and they use up every inch of space. If you end up with a pair out of those 3, what do you plan to do with the odd one out?

I realize $1 is a good deal for any fish, but just because the price of the fish is good on your wallet does not make them fit any better in a small tank.
thx for your post.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store