1 week and still happy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Too bad I fell in love with the little guy before I knew his favorite foods.

His spines were busted at the tips, but just a magnificnent color combination. Dark red/purple, with little white circles at each spine. In the short time I've had him, his spines have grown out to points again :)

But thats OK, the few times I do get to see him, I do enjoy it. I had a name for him and forgot :eek3:

What is the best temp to stimulate coraline growth?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Too bad I fell in love with the little guy before I knew his favorite foods.

His spines were busted at the tips, but just a magnificnent color combination. Dark red/purple, with little white circles at each spine. In the short time I've had him, his spines have grown out to points again :)

But thats OK, the few times I do get to see him, I do enjoy it. I had a name for him and forgot :eek3:

What is the best temp to stimulate coraline growth?
Just keep your tank around the suggested area of 78f, adequate lighting and trace element levels and your coralline will grow soon enough..

Niko

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Lighting is my downside. Today I will get a couple 18" flourecent.

I have been at petsmart lookig, walmart home depot.

Being that I don't really have lots of corals or special need lighting, I don't want to pay $30 a bulb. Do you have the specifics on spectrum, lumens etc to bet good growth, (not optimum) The marine glo seems good.

I am mostly concerned for my macro algae and second for the coraline.

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Well a little update. Put double 24" fixture with one actinic and on 10k.

Added my rock sculpture, here is how it looked.

DSC02109.JPG

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
What happened to the antlers?
LOL they're still there hidden behind the rock. I'm going to make a sculpture of a moose head and eventually replace that one. First I need the new cave sculpture to become live.

I do have one concern. On the back top I have a small amount of green star polyps taking hold. I need fur for the moose, and it took quite awhile for this stuff to get barely attatched.

It could take years for my Chia Moose to finally look right :rofl:

valentine

~go go Elektro~
Mar 4, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
good luck growing your moose.... lol

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
It's been over a year now, the Velvet damsel is getting big. No more yellow tail, (found him on floor dead awhile ago)

I still have the first bumble be snail from the beginning, and a clam that is in a piece of live rock (both in other tanks)

Grettle is going to get moved into the 37 eclipse system soon, and the 29 will get drilled and be a reef tank. Hard to move things around like this as this 29 is my first salt setup. Love this fish. Still great colors :)

I'll clean it and get some pics soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store