10 dead fish since yesterday- white silk poo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Bunbury, Western Australia
ok the vet will get the medications in, if i have correct dosages, before they will dispense them.
so we are looking for dosage rates for
fenbenzadole
metronidazole
acriflavin.

Anyone have a bottle of the stuff with directions?
thank you

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
hi,
I found my notes
this is from a friend of mine who breeds tropical fish.

"I use flubendazole a fenbedazole analog, in 2 ways.
1, 10% powder, 1/2 tsp/10 gal. Make a suspension of the powder by using a small jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well. It isn't actually water soluble. Some how it still manages to make it inside the fish. I use half this dosw to kill Hydra infestations. I once had them bad and treated all my tanks for aweek and got rid of them. They can go from being invisible to covering everything when you feed lots of newly hatched brine shrimp.
2 The other way I use it is in food but I use GelTek UltraCure PX which combines praziquantel, flubendazole and metronidazole. I add it ti several layers of tetra Color bits then add enough water to help soak it through all the food. Use an average size prescription bottle and enough drops to wet the surface of each layer.
It is OK to combine Hikari Prazipro(praziquantel) with flubendazole and metronidazole in the treatment tank water. They won't cause any adverse reactions and each kills different classes of worms, flukes and flagellated parasites.
If the fish are willing to take prepared foods you can also be feeding them the medicated food.
Here is a handy quick reference quick to fish diseases and treatments.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/FA/FA04100.pdf"

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Bunbury, Western Australia
Thank you Star rider.
So I would tell the vet 1/2 tsp/10 gallon. (40 ltrs) for fenbendazole.
Thank you for the instructions.
Just need to find the other two now. I hope he is open today (saturday).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store