10 gallon builld

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Yes. The water flow should be less if she can't swim against it. They prefer sponge filters to HOB filters because the water doesn't move much, stressing them out. If stressed out, their color will fade so look to see if they are. Is the male chasing her?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i didnt know the filter was that strong. its and aquatech 10-20. ill do the betta thing just bc that's an easy fix. ill probably get a better filterr in the future (aquaclear) so i can control the flow. thanks for telling me that! im goinbg to see if i can get a couple more plants in there.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Yes. The water flow should be less if she can't swim against it. They prefer sponge filters to HOB filters because the water doesn't move much, stressing them out. If stressed out, their color will fade so look to see if they are. Is the male chasing her?
the male doesnt really chase her but he kind of nudges her telling her to get out of his way i guess.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Try making a spawning mop for her to hide in. The females love hiding in them and the male doesn't seem to go in the mop unless he sees her in there.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ill try to make a spawning mop but ill have to get some yarn from my grandma whos going out of town for the weekend. is there something else i could add?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
spawning mops are the best IMO as everywhere I see killi breeding setups(online, in person, etc.), they all have more than 2 spawning mops.

Super easy to make too. Get 1 cork, and then have 10-15 strings of yarn tied together and then tie that to the cork, and then float the cork on the water.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
yea i know and fishboss for my killies its better for it to sink not float(breeder told me) the only reason i dont wanna do mops is bc its unatural.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Just out of curiosity, could a floating plant like rotala or something work as a more natural mop? If not, could you put a floating plant over the mop and still get the same affect? Either way, I'm following!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store