10 gallon dart frog viv build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Coco-fiber alone is all that I used. Would you recommend something else?
I was asking because I have no idea myself. I was going to try a mix. I'm still not sure what i'm going to do for my sides I'm wanting to go with the back wall being covered and the right side wall being covered. I really like how you used the styrofome blocks on the wall. :feedback:

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I don't think I have enough ventilation because the pothos that I put in some of the leaves have turned from green to a kinda blackish color. Any ideas on how to increase the ventilation? It is covered with just a piece of glass, would leaving a small crack between the covering glass and the tank work?

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
you can try that. Also, simply place the glass so it does not cover the whole top of the tank. I place the glass lid on my paludarium about 1 1/2" from the front. one side is partially lifted because of the power chords running into the tank and this works decently well. I still have to fight small patches of mold from time to time, but venting the tank every day to every other day for an hour or two is helping.

The good news is I have enough ventilation yet I am able to retain enough humid air to grow Java fern emersed now! I have three plantlets going strong for about a month now.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I have been leaving a space in betwen the glass and the tank during the day and replacing it at night, when the room is the coolest so I will have to wait and see if that helps. I thought about trying some Java Moss in the tank since I have punds (literally) of the stuff in the other tanks. Thanks for the advice Cali.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store