10 gallon journal--L'?tendue sauvage majestueuse

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
Sooooooo...I finally decided to update! Here's what happened since my last update.

1. My molly is now in my sister's 10 gallon and I just have the 3 betta girls.
2. I had a huge algae problem, but that seems to mostly over....I still have algae, but not so much. (The photos make it appear like there is ore algae then there is.)
3. My blue betta girl is not doing well. I find that she is getting picked on and getting her fins torn constantly. I hope to get a new tank soon, and separate the fish.
4. Off and on, I've been trimming the stem plants, but last week, I did a HUGE trimming of the moss. It was all of the way up to the water line! I think I trimmed a bit too much!
5. The hairgrass doesn't seem to be doing that well...it seems to be at a standstill. Suggestions on fertilizers?

Tank Shots (Lovely water spots)

Moss Pearling! :D

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah
UPDATE

Still haven't done co2, I really need to get to it, but I did get plant growth.

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah
Thank you very much! It truly looks better in real life. I should get off those water spots! haha

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice looking!

DeeDeeK

Seeker of Piscean Wisdom
Apr 10, 2009
San Francisco
Nice!

dwarf hairgrass always takes a long while to get established for me, usually melting a bit and then coming back. Then it spreads fairly quickly - the more of it there is, the faster it grows more of itself.

I think your sandbed is magnificent! Have you considered adding worms and mts to help keep the sand aerated (erm, waterated?)? That much sand makes a mean biological filter if you keep it from packing down. Oh, and bettas just love to hunt down cali blackworms and it's fun to watch them stalk 'em and snap 'em up.

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah
Nice!

dwarf hairgrass always takes a long while to get established for me, usually melting a bit and then coming back. Then it spreads fairly quickly - the more of it there is, the faster it grows more of itself.

I think your sandbed is magnificent! Have you considered adding worms and mts to help keep the sand aerated (erm, waterated?)? That much sand makes a mean biological filter if you keep it from packing down. Oh, and bettas just love to hunt down cali blackworms and it's fun to watch them stalk 'em and snap 'em up.
Thanks so much! The sand was super cheap! 4 bucks for a huge bag at Lowes! I am considering mts but I'm a bit wary of overpopulation! lol I've never really thought of blackworms, but they sound a little gross.

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
3. My blue betta girl is not doing well. I find that she is getting picked on and getting her fins torn constantly. I hope to get a new tank soon, and separate the fish.
Aww...a cave or two could help, or possibly they need some time to get re-used to each other & settled in (you separated them into different containers earlier because of nipping problems, which could have been a result of their smaller spaces). Otherwise you could add another female, as this can take the attention away from your bullied fish. Whatever you choose to do, I wish you good luck! Your bettas are really beautiful :)
And amazing tank, I have to say. Like everybody has already told you before, the tree idea was really creative. Good job!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store