10 gallon journal--L'?tendue sauvage majestueuse

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

onebyone

AC Members
Sep 19, 2009
What jumped out at me was that maybe the moss tree is blocking light so the hairgrass seems to be sitting in constant shade... I would imagine it would be difficult to get it to thrive directly under the tree no matter what type of light you have. I love how it looks, though, really original idea and well executed :)

In my 10gal my growth increased a LOT when I started dosing flourish excel and an iron liquid fertilizer. I'm not an expert though (how much does excel help if you have CO2 already?) but it certainly helped me. Thanks for sharing!

DeeDeeK

Seeker of Piscean Wisdom
Apr 10, 2009
San Francisco
What sort of iron liquid fertilizer do you use, onebyone?

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
What jumped out at me was that maybe the moss tree is blocking light so the hairgrass seems to be sitting in constant shade... I would imagine it would be difficult to get it to thrive directly under the tree no matter what type of light you have. I love how it looks, though, really original idea and well executed :)

In my 10gal my growth increased a LOT when I started dosing flourish excel and an iron liquid fertilizer. I'm not an expert though (how much does excel help if you have CO2 already?) but it certainly helped me. Thanks for sharing!
I've thought about that! It does seem to be growing better otherwise though! Thanks!

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah
UPDATE:

Well I'm sorry to say that due to my super busy school schedule, I missed a waterchange with devastating consequences: I lost both my pink betta and my blue one to dropsy! Poor fish! :( The pale peachy one held on (most likely because she is younger)

On a happier note, My plants seem to be doing extremely well! The plant in the left corner is starting to grow out of the tank! I think its about time I cut off the largest stem and move it to my 40 gallon.

I also replaced my paper background with another brighter blue one. It had faded so much!

Perhaps I will post pictures later, but I'm not sure...

Infulgeo

AC Members
May 3, 2010
Hi there i've been having a hard time finding a thread about a sorority tank,
i have a 75 gallon well planted aquarium and was wondering how many females would be ideal
already have:
8 rummynose tetra
12 cardinal tetra

thanks again in advance for any advice,
-Infulgeo

P.s i believe with my current stocking i could have a maximum of 8 female bettas but do not necessarily want to keep eight. Def feel a minimum of 6 is warrented once again any suggestions or experience will greatly help

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah
Hi there i've been having a hard time finding a thread about a sorority tank,
i have a 75 gallon well planted aquarium and was wondering how many females would be ideal
already have:
8 rummynose tetra
12 cardinal tetra

thanks again in advance for any advice,
-Infulgeo

P.s i believe with my current stocking i could have a maximum of 8 female bettas but do not necessarily want to keep eight. Def feel a minimum of 6 is warrented once again any suggestions or experience will greatly help
I'm not sure about the compatibility of bettas with rummies, so you might want to make a thread about this very question! You could easily do 8 IMO, but why not make a thread and get some more info! :)

Also, since your aquarium is so large, and you will have many bettas, aggressiveness will be less on an issue than in smaller tanks with less fish. Just be sure to provide adequate hiding spots!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store