10 gallon saltwater

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
is a 29 ok to start with?

is a 29 gallon a good begginer tank? also how much would it be to start one if i already have the tank, stand, salt, and a light? i would want to do a FOWLR. would probably want a clownfish pair, some type of goby or blenny, and spotter cardinal fish. i still dont totally get how to do water changes. also do i need RO water? i really dont want to use it. is there any way just to do regular water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Last edited:

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Thanks for the links. The more saltwater stuff I see the more I think I want my 75g to be salt. Very scared of the investment and me possibly messing up though.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Thanks for the links. The more saltwater stuff I see the more I think I want my 75g to be salt. Very scared of the investment and me possibly messing up though.
Salt is easy, especially with a large tank. The investment is a lot up front. But once you buy rock, skimmer, lights, Ro system, sump setup you're pretty much done.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Salt is easy, especially with a large tank. The investment is a lot up front. But once you buy rock, skimmer, lights, Ro system, sump setup you're pretty much done.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
well that's good to hear. I would lve to have a reef but I'm not sure if it would be too limiting on the fish I can keep. I have heard over and over that the larger the tank the easier it is for SW. I might let my 75 sit for a while after I get it and try to acquire all the stuff for a saltwater setup

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
size isn't a problem, my 8 gallon biocube hasn't given me any problems in the year since i set it up

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
agreed with cp above. My 10g is going strong after 3 months. And I doubt you will be able to resist the temptation of corals for very long. :)

I did the 10 because it's what I could afford, and afford to lose on a scary experiment that could have been a complete failure. Now that I have that as a base I am working on accumulating the stuff to switch over my 29g to salt too.

welcome to the dark side. Greech will be by with the cookies soon. :)

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i think if i do a salt it will br around christmas before i do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store