10 Random Helpful Hints

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
1) A portable DVD player on long car trips with small children will keep you from having to find a spot to hide their bodies...

2) Turn the self-propel OFF on your vacuum cleaner and save yourself that 45 minutes on the treadmill...

3) If you want your kids to eat vegetables, grow a garden! My kids eat everything because they grew it! Ok, except beets... they won't eat beets.

4) Keep small pads of sticky notes and a pen in various locations around your house. In the bathroom drawer, in the nightstand, on/in the side table or coffee table. How many times have you been on the cordless phone and someone says "Here, let me give you my number.." and you're no where near a pen and paper? Or, how many times to do you think of something you MUST remember to do when you're brushing your teeth or in the middle of the night? Jot it down really quick and take your sticky note with you when you wake up!

5) Keep one of those cheap $5 small plastic kiddie pools with a little water in it and an old kitchen towel on your back porch all summer.... Aside from playing in it all the time, when your kids get filthy in the sandbox, playing in the dirt or covered with popsicle drippings, they can get into the pool to "pre-wash" before coming into the house. Saves me from sweeping a ton of sand off my kitchen floor every year!

:clap:

SomethingFishy

AC Members
May 1, 2002
Austin, TX
Real Name
Virginia
Leopardess said:
Don't assume the anchor in a boat is attached (I made this mistake....but I mean, come on. What reason is there for it not being attached?!).
My older sister did this years ago in Key Largo. Dad told her, "Throw the anchor in!", and she did. :duh:

Kasakato

SatCan
Sep 24, 2004
Toronto, Canada
1) Get a GPS, it’s a live saver if you hate asking people "where are we"

2) Get a PDA, Palms are the best. They are fun little wonders. GPS, games, Mp3s, notepad, the list goes on...

3) Read before you buy! Even if its small. Take the name of the product; add "reviews" at the end, and google. You get the ups and downs of it all.

odiechef

one of the cheeky wee monkeys
Feb 7, 2005
Oregon
I've learned you can learn something (from small tidbits of info, to life changing revelations), from anyone, however unlikely it may seem with some people.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store