100 gal african tank pics.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Nice setup.........:goldfish:

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Cool - thanks :)

What the name of the blue one with the wite streak on the dorsal fin. I know that I ought to know the name but I am coming up blank at the moment.

nano55

AC Members
May 14, 2007
Cool - thanks :)

What the name of the blue one with the wite streak on the dorsal fin. I know that I ought to know the name but I am coming up blank at the moment.
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that it is a midnight peacock. (Aulonocara hueseri)

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
First pic to me looks like a hybrid between an electric blue and an acie. has some acie like features but lacks the yellow fins

nano55

AC Members
May 14, 2007
The first picture is a Hap. Blue Ahli and the third picture, the very front fish is a sulfurhead peacock. And, to be quite honest, I forgot what the name of my blue peacock was. I know he looks a lot like my Blue Ahli as he darkens up. I was researching different pictures of the aulonocaras, and I thought he looked quite a bit like the midnight peacocks.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
First one is definitely a pure fryeri,
The first picture is a Hap. Blue Ahli
Both are correct as these are 2 names for the same fish. Haplochromis Blue Ahli is really a trade name; its true name is Sciaenochromis fryeri as ibr3ak was suggesting.

shwank005

Mmmbeer
Feb 20, 2009
Morgan Hill, CA
Cool, looks like you either have a rainforest themed background, or maybe keep Dart frogs or something in a tank behind them? What kind of plants are those in the tank? I have a few of those electric blues as well, pretty fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store