100 gal tank for Tangs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
LOL i was going to say that a 100gal tank will hold a lot of Tangs (Tanganyika's) Yeah your filtration/circulation sounds good, I will have to say as well that one should not skimp out on sand but it is your call..

bkincaid22

AC Members
Jan 19, 2013
I have a dilemma... I will have to move my old tank out to put my new one in. I was planning on just moving my Africans over from my old to my new but the new one will need to cycle first. One of the canister filters I am taking off the old one will be moved to the new one. Since this is already seeded does this mean my new tank will automatically be cycled? Need help with this so I don't loose my fish when going through this transition. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
this made me giggle, i believe this is the freshwater forum Pfisherman

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
No it will not seed it automatically you will still need to cycle the tank but the seeded canister should help it a little faster, you can also place some decorations from the old tank and put them in the new tank as well.. Give it a week and check your ammonia and nitrite if reads 0 ppm you are good to go..

bkincaid22

AC Members
Jan 19, 2013
Any suggestions on the type of sand to get? I have always done gravel with under gravel filter so this is all new without the ugf. I see a gravel and sand mix which I am leaning towards. Any issues with this?

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Any suggestions on the type of sand to get? I have always done gravel with under gravel filter so this is all new without the ugf. I see a gravel and sand mix which I am leaning towards. Any issues with this?

I'd go for PFS. Cheap, clean and natural looking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store