10g paludarium construction log (pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
great tank! tons of things will grow on the land area... I've had great luck with some odd bits I've had around, from clover and moss from the yard to a cutting from a tree from ikea which now has grown to 12" out of less land. I used window screen with some snips in it as my land area in my 15 and the roots find their way into the water... imagine that cave filling up with roots.

GOJIRADOR

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
does anyone know if FBT or floating frogs croak? and if so how frequently/ loudly is it? also would any of these or a FBN eat shrimp or very small fish such as pygmy corys?

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Looks good so far! I think tiny shimp or fish would be fair game for either species.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
does anyone know if FBT or floating frogs croak? and if so how frequently/ loudly is it? also would any of these or a FBN eat shrimp or very small fish such as pygmy corys?
FBTs definetely croak if you get more than 2 of them, and you have to because they like their own company around. They croak every night for about 3 whole minutes every half hour or so. Its about as loud as a normal conversation, although if you're trying to go to sleep, it sounds pretty loud. And I think they would be able to eat the fish or shrimp in the tank.

GOJIRADOR

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
i am at a complete loss as to what to put in this thing. it holds 6 gallons of water, i know i want a newt i just dont know what else to put in it. my kuhlis dont seem as happy as they could be so i may move them, im interested in pygmy cories and cherry shrimp but i thought that a newt might take them and eat them. give me some solid suggestions and ill post update pics, it has changed much :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store