10g Planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
They're natives. Golden Topminnows (Fundulus chrysotus) and a Blue Spotted Sunfish (Enneacanthus gloriosus).

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Thanks, jpap.
Yeah, this tank is constantly changing so I have never really gotten bored with it. I'll eventually trim down the Hydrocotyle and probably put most of the clippings in my 50g.
The Topminnows have already surpassed their life expectancy of 2 yrs, so they probably don't have much longer to live. When they do expire, I'll probably replace them with a school of Rasboras and shrimps and go ahead and rescape the tank again with some new plants. ;) I may leave the sunfish in there or move it to the 50g.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
looks good. that one plant sure does grow like crazy, doesn't it?

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Yes it does. It's a nutrient sucking weed for sure and when it gets plenty of CO2 it will grow right out of the tank and take over your home. ;)
As I said, the fish actually come out now with the protective cover of all the Hydrocotyle. Before they were extremely timid, panicky and hid whenever anyone approached the tank...especially when I used to have the open top with the light hanging over the tank.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Did a little 'rescaping' and the fish were feeling friendly so I had to snap a shot.
100_5277.jpg

100_5277.jpg

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
hey this is really nice. nice combination of driftwood and Hydocotyle. that is really effective to have plants and driftwood with similar contours. and nice fish too. where did you get your fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store