120 Gallon Dutch/Nature style hybrid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
The tank today:

I redid the Trithuria, blood vomit section and will treat it like hair grass basically, it's like a red based Belem hair grass etc.
I think it now looks much better against the wood vs lost next to other plants.
Also added more Mini Pellia and decided to add more of that throughout the scape.
Hottonia will have a small rown hanging over the Trithuria and be pressed outward b the A. reineckii mini.
This will offer some needed contrast in this central area. I wanted to use the Limnophila guinea wavy, but I might use it elsewhere at some point later.
For now, the Limnophila has no home in this tank.

Erio Type 3 is doing better and better, but it's hard to tell from the pics.
It's growing as it should. Making a nice larger group of this plant is not easy
But at this point, it's just patience.
Same for the other plants.

Some labeling of the Sygonanthus varieties I have here, all of which are the same species, but other varieties.

Some detail on how I use a drill and add Riccardia and do not use cotton string. the mesh like form of the plant acts like a spring to hold the plant in place, then it grows out nicely from there.

Here's some algae from about 6 weeks ago when the CO2 ran out. BBA popped up and it was very minor. Some leaves got a tinge, they were trimmed off, the wood got a few tiny bits, and most were removed.

The Trithuria species against the wood. This will fill in be 2-3 months from now pretty thick. I'm good with this position for the plant and was never happy prior.
So it'll stay here for awhile I suspect.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very sharp...almost coral like in a way.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
All the pearling in this tank reminds of the morning dew in the woods. I understand why you have that name. I may have missed it but what plant is the blood vomit? The name alone is catchy xD

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
I didn't even know you had an account here Tom lol

Blood Vomit is the hairgrass looking plant with the red base.
For many years.

The APD was the only mailing list and the web was still something pretty new when I started posting. Early to Mid 1990's. Never could type before then.

Blood Vomit is the common name for Trithuria species from Australia. Or what happens after a long Irish pub crawl.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store