125gal tank build. Lots of pics beware.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Phatboydime

AC Members
Dec 22, 2008
nice job so far.

HrdWodFlor

Tiger Dog is on the lookout!
Oct 7, 2008
Hope Mills, NC
Looking good so far. And good luck finding rocks, I'm from Fayetteville so I know how the eastern part of the state abounds with rocks!

Bnoble

Advanced User
Jan 31, 2008
USA,VA
nice pickup and good job on the cleaning and staining.. looking forward to seeing more of your post/pics of this thread in the future.

tidioute06

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Glendale, AZ
**update**

So I finished reinforcing and painting the stand. I also added a removable top so that I can get the sump in and out if need be.
The color is what my wife picked out for the botton half of the new fish room. Not my favorite. Kind of looks like baby poop but hey if she's happy...

anyways the pics:

I also ordered ordered a new sump pump (the one I got didn't work) and the lighting system today. I got the 3x96watt kit from AHsupply.com and 3 6700k bulbs. That should put me at 2.3 watts/gallon which I hope is plenty for the plants I'm growing. This weekend I'll be making a custom canopy for the lights.
I also decided how I'm going to do the rock work in the tank. I'm going to get (buy or pick up outside) some granite and just use a chisel and carve it the way I want it to look. May take some time but in the long run it will look better.
anyways thanks for reading! more updates soon I hope.

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
AWESOME job so far!

Oh, & LMFAO at "baby poop"!!!!!!!!!

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Great job, looking forward to seeing it running.......:thm:

FishyCracker

Registered Member
Jan 31, 2009
Awesome pickup and excellent job you did so far. Very inspirational for me to cleanup my 10 year old sitting tank.

I'll be watching, thank you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store