14 Gallon: Journal with Photos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Ok I would definitely recommend spreadingout that hairgrass as a background...At least behind the java fern. Be careful your java fern is not buried too deep... Only the stringy roots should be buried, the thicker rhizome needs to stay on top or the plant will die.

I know water movement is one way to beat cyano, that's why I asked about your filtration. What is your nitrate levels? I think high nitrates will encourage cyano. Weekly water changes & cutting back on feeding should help...

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
BTW, what are your stocking plans? Harleys & platys & guppies & gourami?? Sounds like way too many fish...

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
That may be alright (harleys are a bit "robust")... But you mentioned guppies too, so I got worried. I'd remove the platys & get cories... But that's just my addiction. :D

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
true true, every time i ask for a stock list first thing that comes to my mind is 'fishycat will comment saying corys, again..' but i love them too. i know someone who breeds pygmys that i might be able to get my hands on before christmas, who knows. guppys are still a yes and no sort of thing at the moment. the platys may move to my 25g angelfish growing out tank, when i get 8 angel juvies to let them pair off with eachother, that is :)

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
:lol: :laugh: :rofl: too true!!

Pygmaeus are adorable... But go habrosus or go home! :duh: :D

Hello, my name is fishycat & I am addicted to cory wiggle-butt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store