14 months later

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
I'll throw some new photo's out in the coming days before I do a big trim. The pennywort has taken over my tank! I was hoping that by letting it grow out it would maybe flower, but so far I have only gotten some massive leaves..

Hehe, thanks David. I wish I could say that I was the architect behind my tank, but I am not. I have only tinkered with it. I found your photos.. Dude, that is one good looking paludarium. When I move this spring, I am going to get a larger tank. I just can't decide though whether I want an aquarium or another paludarium/vivarium..

Last edited:

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Go for Paludarium, but make a big one. Take a 55 or 75 gallon tank and do what you did with this one, but make the "shore" at about halfway up the tank. This way there is about 20-30 gallons of water and the other half of air and land space. for plants, have a type fo plant that can be grown immersed or emersed along with some bog plants, like lucky bamboo. Fill the bottom with a type of gourami and some tetras, and the lad side with some type of aquatic frog or a treefrog.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Thanks guys. I got some creeping fig (Ficus pumila sp) cuttings yesterday from a friend. I will attach those this evening and take a few pics. I will be ordering some dwarf hairgrass soon (for a soon to be rescaped 10gal) and I think I will try to get some of that going in the tank.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Here are the latest and greatest pics. As you can see, the Brazilian pennyword is out of control. I plan on removing at least 1/2 of it today and will let it grow back. I have added the creeping fig to the background The portion on the left of the tank doesn't seem to be doing very well, but the other three cuttings appear to be taking root. Frogs are supposed to be in by the end of the month

paludarium120508.jpg paludarium120508ange.jpg

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Very nice. Sorry if I missed it but what species of frogs are you getting?

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Thanks. I am unsure of the exact species at this point, but some kind of malagasy African Reed. I am working on some new wood for the tank right now to give the guys a little more space to hang out in..

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I love how the emersed moss looks like grass, hopefully I can get mine to look like that. Did ou raise your water level?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store