14g Cork Paludarium Photo Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pedzola

AC Members
Aug 26, 2005
What do you mean by "bad stock?"

The shrimp guy just emailed me tellin me that my tracking number will be here later today... so... I probably am not going to need mroe shrimp. Might have too many, which is why I said I'd get rid of the ghosties. And the cherries just seem to have a lot more "purpose of action" if that makes sense. They go straight from one spot to another, not dancing around wildly just grabbing whatever is in their path like the ghosts. So it seems like the cherries are smarter... if that is possible.

But if this deal goes through I should have 20-25 shrimp coming, which is maybe too many for my 5 gallons of water. We'll see. I have a couple of friends w/tanks that will take any extras.

But thanks for the offer... still curious what "bad stock" means.

Also - is anyone else having trouble w/the thread? If I click any of the page buttons it just brings me back to the first page. I can only see page 2 and 3 by following links from my email to new replies.

pbeemer

AC Members
Apr 27, 2010
So Cal
a week or so ago i was having the same problem -- going to page 1 regardless of what button you push -- with several other pages as well, but it seems all better now.

the grassy plant might also be a liriope -- same family as the ophiogon, different genus, very similar look. i think only 2 species -- basically "small" and "large" -- with the grassy leaves and little purple flowers. i believe the small liriopes (maybe both sizes) can be bog plants, which is certainly what you want

Soul Chile

AC Members
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago, IL
I just found a store in my area that sells Zoo Med cork! I'm so excited to see somebody make a take setup using it. Looks great man! Awesome job! :-D

pedzola

AC Members
Aug 26, 2005
Shrimp are doin great. Very interesting to watch.

The betta seems very active, but he hates the Hikari bio-gold betta food that I got for him. He sorta chews on it and then spits it out.

He eats freeze dried blood worms, but I'm only giving him 1 small one a day, hoping he gets hungry enough to eat the betta food. If he doesn't take to the betta food I might try a different brand I guess. I don't think it's healthy just to feed them bloodworms.

Overall the tank is great. Haven't had any problems with it whatsoever.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Looking good, and my betta is the opposite, he nom-noms on hikari betta pellets like nobodies business but won't touch freeze dried blood worms. My friend feeds his aqueon betta pellets, although I'm not sure if yours will take it. If you have the money, I reccomend breeding some brine shrimp, as bettas LOVE them.

Good luck,
Cam

pedzola

AC Members
Aug 26, 2005
Well, my betta has acquired a taste for cherry shrimps. I saw him ripping one apart last night, and darting after another one this morning. Apparently he really hates those hikari pellets. But why would he eat crud when he can have fresh shrimp?

Gotta figure out somethin else to put w/my betta now. Maybe bigger shrimps?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store