150 gallon w/ stand in mobile home questions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I found a 150 gallon tank and stand for really cheap in my area. Only thing is that I live in a mobile home. I know the general count for weight with water is 10 lbs per gallon and when I think about that on one spot of the floor, I'm worried about doing some damage.

If I do get a chance to snatch up this tank, do you think I will have to add in supports under the home? My room is where the 'tongue' of the home is.

I wanted to put it in my room if possible.

:help2:

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
I really couldnt tell you. I live in a mobile home and an 80 gallon does fine ion it so far. I am adding a 90 gall in a few weeks. I would move my 135 but it wouldnt fit :(

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
>.< I really want the tank, they are selling it for $100 with the stand from what I know right now. If your 90 does good then a 150 shouldn't be too much more right?

Beaux

AC Members
Jun 13, 2009
i had a 4ft by 4ft tank in a trailer and all i did to mine was put an extra peice of 3/4 plywood down n tossed a rug over that just to distribute the weight a little more even it worked fine it was a 220 galon tank and it had like a 40 galon sump that usualy had about 30g or so in it underneath that tank pluss i had several hundreds of pounds in it as gravel n huge rocks for cave tops 32 cubic ft of water takes alot if stuff to decorate..lol. anyways good luck, just figure out where the floor joists run n place the plywood n tank acordingly n it should do fine mine weighd a ton lol
Beaux

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store