2.5 gallon shrimp set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
A mod can change your thread title...

I'd go for the moss wall, just keep in mind that it'll take sone time to fill in. I'd try to find weeping or Christmas moss for the nicest effect, although java is a lot easier to find in big amounts.

My female betta loves pecking at everything! I find bettas to be super-inquisitive. She's in a 5g away from my Briggs! For the 2.5g betta tank, I'd try to get a small anubias nana & then whatever you like. Maybe a small crypt like willisii or parva... But depends what kind of lighting, too. Good low light plants include java moss, water sprite, anubias, marsilea minuta...

Callmeconfused

The sad effect of sleep deprivation
Jul 25, 2010
Gainesville, Florida
Real Name
Kimi
I feel bad for those little guys. *sigh*

Anyhoo, I was thinking Christmas moss, I really like the way it looks. Oh, and I think I will take your suggestion on the dwarf hairgrass too! Right along the "river".

I think my LFS has some dwarf anubias, the x-mas moss and marimo balls I have to order.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Check out Happypoet's 10g shrimp tank... He opened up his marimo balls & made neat rolling plains for the buffalo-I mean, shrimp to graze. :) they'll love your moss wall, too.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
believe it or not, vals work in a small tank. and they really change the dimension too, makes the tank look bigger than what it really is. i have a lil 2.5 set up for a betta and put a bunch of vals in there and it looks pretty darn good, although i do need to get in there and trim things up as well as evict some snails, lol. (here is thread with pics if you would like to take a look: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228767)

shrimpies would love grazing up and down in the 'grass', i know my cherries like to in the 55.

Callmeconfused

The sad effect of sleep deprivation
Jul 25, 2010
Gainesville, Florida
Real Name
Kimi
Off to a start!

Well, I just ordered some Xmas moss for the back wall of the 5 gallon from aquabid(my first aquabid purchase...I feel I should celebrate:headbang2:). I also ordered several vals for the 2.5 gallon, a marimo ball and dwarf hairgrass for the 5 gallon, and some dwarf sag just because:D from Sweet Aquatics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store