2.5 gallon shrimp set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
I just saw this thread. Taiwan and Christmas are much nicer than Java for this sort of thing, so good call.
And while I wouldn't worry in the least about moss balls squishing anyone, they do look nice opened-up :)
Are you doing cherries for sure? Or are you considering any other neocaridina? I love my blue pearls and yellows :D

Callmeconfused

The sad effect of sleep deprivation
Jul 25, 2010
Gainesville, Florida
Real Name
Kimi
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with the cherries. I actually got about 8 of them as a gift from my dad, but now there are only two left :( . When I got them I didn't know what kind they were, they were all very pale and brownish, after about an hour in the tank they were bright red.

Although...those blues of yours do look pretty awesome too. I think I might attempt a little abode for some of those next. :D I'm starting to understand the psychological depth of Multiple Tank Syndrome...

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
my 5 gallon shrimp has low light, loads of mountains of java moss, carpeted bits of trimmed off moss, 6 adult cherry shrim, like a buh-zillion baby cherries, spath and 2 lucky bamboos sticking out the top (half of the stem and roots on water), a java fern, 2 baby mystery snails, too many pond snails to count and a crypt of some sort and an unknown anubias. it also has 5 neon tetras, there was 6 but he didnt make the change to the tank when i got them too well. it has a 100 litre/hr HOB with a slowed rate down to about 10 litres/hr and an internal power filter with a stock flow rate of 100 litres/hr with an actual slowed rate of about 25 litres/hr. it has river sand and a healthy, and growing, population of blackworms in it. i have only ever done 1 water change. it sounds like im neglecting, but i was on band tour for a while and said to my parents just put in a few plakes every other day. it honestly thrives with only water replacements from evaporation, and it has THRIVED for over 4 months and is still going strong.

Callmeconfused

The sad effect of sleep deprivation
Jul 25, 2010
Gainesville, Florida
Real Name
Kimi
A river runs through it!

I replaced the glass beads with small river pebbles, I think I like the contrast! Planning on doing something like this in the 5 gallon too.

There's a little pitiful temple plant in there. It looked so emptey I had to add something, for now.

Oh, ignore the chair it's on. I had to move the shelf thingie it was sitting on, but I'm not ready to move this until I get the glass lid cut like my other one. I don't trust my kitties not to climb in. :headshake2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store