20 g high

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
I have had Three Spot Gouramis(Gold/blue), both genders, reach 6" plus! So they are not recommended for a 20g, mostly 40 or bigger. Keep in mind the BN itself gets 5-6" when its full grown.
:iagree:

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I keep 2 BN, one is 6" (in a 20L) and the other 4"(in 20H), but also need driftwood and blanched veggies for them to munch on. I wouldn't do a BN in a 20g unless you can keep up with large weekly changes or know how to keep big fish healthy and happy. That takes a few years to understood, when we start off, we just put any fish in a small tank without knowing their requirements until later on. It's live and learn in the hobby, I've done that in the past, but now I keep different fish in 3 tanks without any issues and I do research before I get the fish I want.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Ok I am not trying to be rude in any way, but I have had enough of this blue gourami size arguing. So everybody just stop talking about the blue gourami. Ok now that I have that out of the way,I can do the large water changes. On the weekends I will do 4 10 gallon water changes in total over the period of the weekend. I have plenty of drift wood. Me and my dad go collect it ourselves form fort benning. I don't do veggies though. What veggies would you recommend? Blanching is just boiling the veggies right?

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
Blanching is putting in into boiling water for a minute, taking it out and putting it into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Try broccoli and zucchini with a fork or something heavy to sink it to the bottom of the tank.

Also some driftwood that is found outside is soft wood and decay quickly in water.

fwiffo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2007
lol, yea I would probably get the jewel fish myself. a convict can get too big I think.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Has anybody ever found their kuhli loaches stuck in the gravel? I mean like they dove nose first into the gravel and got stuck?

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
I can switch out to sand if I can get some sand. Also learn how to switch out gravel to sand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store