20 gallon inventory

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xaosGK

AC Members
Mar 30, 2007
My experience with silver dollars is twofold:

1: They're quite active, and grow rather large for a characin. I've had some that reached 4" SL.
2: They prefer groups, the larger the better.
3: They're herbivores, so live plants really aren't an option. (If ever they were)

I wouldn't put them in anything smaller than a 4-foot tank, myself. If you like the red minors, but don't like the idea of their nippiness, I'd suggest trying some black phantom tets instead. Their colors are a bit different (black in place of red), but I find them to be quite attractive and much more peaceful. Other than that, it looks like you're narrowing down a pretty good setup. Don't expect to find a cheap gold nugget pleco, though...I can't say I've ever found one for sale for less than $30 in a shop.

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
rams may be small, but that is in no way a reason to put 5 of them in a 20 OR a 29g. i would say 3 at most. :)

Aislinn

AC Members
Apr 8, 2007
Minnesota
I don't think a 20g Long is big enough for an angel. It's way too short. Angels are usually over 6" tall when full grown. It wouldn't hardly be able to move around.

Jmerk

Fish geek
Apr 17, 2007
Cache Valley, Ut
K, I did more research and I have decided this:
-2 Anglefish
-1 Silver Dollar
-1 Gold Nugget Plecostomus
-2 Blue Rams
-3 Giant Danios

Please Review

Thanks

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
No silver dollars. As mentioned earlier, they get big (Actually ive seen them over 8 inches)

Do not keep any more than 2 Rams with that stocking list.

I would REALLY advise a bigger tank than 29g if you want rams AND angels. Try a tank in the 30s or so.

Here is a stocking list for a 33-38g:

2 angels
2 rams
4 giant danios (but it would be better to have very large groups; try zebras, 6 to 8 of them)
1 SMALL pleco.

All your ideas have been overstocked or not compatible. I would suggest doing research before buying anything or atleast getting the thumbs up from AC.

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
agreed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store