210g Build Thread....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I actually don't use any in Hburg. The one on University Blvd is just terrible I buy all my fish online and the ones that I don't I go all the way to Winchester to get them. As far as any other products that are not alive I usually go to Petco. What store do you use?

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
I noticed that about the one on University Blvd:crazy:. We're fortunate to have two good ones here in Staunton-Pets 'n' Pals and Pet Village. I prefer Pet Village even though they don't move nearly as many fish as the other one, so they usually have less in stock. But the staff is very knowledgeable (Derrick especially) and I have had really good luck with the livestock I have purchased from them. It might be worth your time to check both of them out sometime if you're in the area. PM me sometime if you need directions.
Thanks!
Robbie

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
I haven't posted for a while....I've been lurking but not terribly active. Here are a few pics of my tank....really not a lot different but the coraline has really taken over the rocks. It took about a year and a half, but I think I did manage to turn 300 lbs of base rock into live rock. My favorite LFS has shut down so I haven't really added any fish, other than a Pearlscale Butterfly which died after a few days for some reason. I STILL need to test and install my sump, but I have ditched most of my bio-balls and will pull the rest out next WC.
Robbie

tank_3_09.jpg tank_3_09_01.jpg tank_3_09_02.jpg

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Robbie: your puffer has really grown. The rock looks so different now that it has colored up from when you first set it up...it was all white. It looks great! Glad to see all the inhabitants doing so well. Do you still like your Blue Tang? Both Blue/Yellow look well established.

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Robbie, It's looking really nice.
Thanks! I wish I could get a good pic of how purple the rocks are.

Robbie: your puffer has really grown. The rock looks so different now that it has colored up from when you first set it up...it was all white. It looks great! Glad to see all the inhabitants doing so well. Do you still like your Blue Tang? Both Blue/Yellow look well established.
Thanks! Yeah I'm amazed at how different everything looks...I was going over the old pics and just stunned at some of the different phases of the rock...I see it every day so it's all just a gradual change. Hard to believe that I seeded all that rock with about 20 lbs of LR and some live sand.
The tangs are great....but the yellow one harassed my butterfly a bit for the few days that I had it. I don't think that killed the butterfly because he did not seem to be concerned about it in the least.
The puffer is doing well....apparently he has started picking at the rocks and eating off of the substrate and keeping his teeth well trimmed, so I don't have to do it thank goodness :D.
I would like to add another tang, but I need to research what I want and find a source. My other LFS has a great selection, but I'm a little leery of buying livestock from them.

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
one of the most BEAUTIFUL tanks i ever seen .... cong and good luck :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store