210g Build Thread....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
I don't have a lot to update, but I have a TON of coraline growing in my tank so I thought I'd share a couple of pics. It seems to be pushing the short brown "fuzz" algae that is covering my rocks, which is great! This stuff really took off two water changes ago! There are tons of little critters in the tank and filter...I found a 3-4" bristleworm the other night when I was moving a shell....yuck.
I bought another bangai, and unfortunately he only lasted a week, and then my older bangai died a couple of weeks after that. But everyone else in the tank is doing great...I wish I knew what caused my bangais to kick off, though.
Still no progress on my sump, dammit. Soon, I hope....
Thanks!!
Robbie

coraline1.jpg coraline2.jpg coraline3.jpg

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
It's been a while since I posted any kind of updates....mainly because I haven't done a whole lot. I've been in and out of town for the last month, so not a lot has changed. I have to say that I had a really nice guy from a great LFS come and take care of the tank while I was out and he did an amazing job of cleaning...even dropped in a couple of easy care soft corals and some mushrooms for me. My sump is coming together....I am ready to test it in my garage and then swap everything over.
Here is my latest addition...my yellow tang. I think my son named him Bubbles. The white patch under his eye in one of the pics is in the photo.
Thanks!!
Robbie

yellow_tang3.jpg yellow_tang2.jpg yellow_tang1.jpg

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Robbie: Bubbles looks great...seems the Yellow and the hippo are already good buds.

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Robbie: Bubbles looks great...seems the Yellow and the hippo are already good buds.
He is a fine fish. They buddied up pretty quick....I was concerned that the hippo might whoop up on him:nutkick: but other than the occasional chase, they have been fine. I've been very fortunate so far to not have any bully fish.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tang.

guppy1

Aquaria Central Supporter! Are You?
Mar 11, 2005
New York
wow, i cant belive what i missed! this tank is just amazing from what i saw it last! you are doing a great job with it! hopefully mine will look as good in a few years!
Shane

brokenteef

AC Members
Aug 19, 2008
Gorgeous tank, and even prettier air cooled. Is that your car in your sig?

I'm a VW driver myself, but I've stuck to all water cooled. :grinyes: I'd love to get my hands on a decent Ghia though!

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
wow, i cant belive what i missed! this tank is just amazing from what i saw it last! you are doing a great job with it! hopefully mine will look as good in a few years!
Shane
thanks Shane...it sure has come a long way in a year. I'm looking forward to your new one.

Gorgeous tank, and even prettier air cooled. Is that your car in your sig?

I'm a VW driver myself, but I've stuck to all water cooled. :grinyes: I'd love to get my hands on a decent Ghia though!
Thanks...that is my car-glad you like it! I have three more ACVW's and a water pumper too.

A bit off topic but you are really, really close to me. I am just on the other side of Harrisonburg. So cool to see people here near me. It's such a small area:)
Sweet! I've only run into one other person from the area on AC. What LFS do you use? I don't recall any independent ones in Harrisonburg....maybe one on University Blvd?
Thanks!
Robbie

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store