230 Tank Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rudy

Over my head
Dec 3, 2002
MA
Visit site
Greetings Everyone - I wanted to update you on my aquarium's status. It has been up and running for ~ 9 10 months and although there have been a few losses, mostly due to poor choices on my part, overall the system has been operating very well.

I have made a few recent modifications. I felt as though the Fuge was doing great in terms of producing pods and other miniature inverts. It was visibly teeming with life. However, given the high waterfall wall and only a few portholes to allow water flow through I did not think it was spontaneously feeding/seeding the DT as it should. Therefore, f
or example I lowered the Fuge wall by 2/3 of its original height. Worst case scenario I can insert a panel of plex against the remaining original wall to add back wall hieght if needed.

I have a question for all of you. Can anyone recommend a good (reliable, accurate, and efficient) heater for my aquarium. I am dissatisfied with my current (2 - 300W) heaters. They do not appear to regulate themselves well and I beleive they are on way to much, i.e. all the time. Regardless of what heater(s) I settle on I am going to purchae the Reefkeeper Lite to control it. This controller seems to fit my needs well. It is basic and inexpensive, but expandable as my wants/needs increase.

Thoughts on the heater controller matter are greatly appreciated. I'll post some revised pics of the sump later today.

Kind Regards, Keith aka Rudy

Last edited:

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
bump,

You got new pictures man?

I would like to see the sump and all the "working Parts"

Rudy

Over my head
Dec 3, 2002
MA
Visit site
Sure. Here are bunch of DT pics. I'll snap some sump pics over the next couple days. Thanks for the interest.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store