29g bottom dweller suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Ended up with the bronze cories from my 75g. I had five but a new addition decided it was fun to pick on the cories and plucked out an eyeball and killed one. So the remaining four are now missing their sand bed and in the 29g. Its not ideal, but they are safer in there.

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Count another vote for bumblebee cats, aka akysis. MsJinxed sells them, that's where I got mine. Have kept them in substrates sized from fine sand to 1/4 in gravel and they have had no problems in any of these (really big, like 1 in, rocks might be a bit much.)

Only drawback is that they are quite reclusive and spend most of their time under whatever substrate you have, or else under rock/wood 'scaping materials. But when they come out to play they are hilarious as well as quite pretty. Nice little cleaner-uppers too. I would tell you to get 5 or 6 but I am planning on getting some more myself and last I checked MsJ was a bit low on supply. :)

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
Hara hara the Butterfly catfish 1.5" (4cm) nocturnal and rather shy,but neat and from northern India. I love Pygmy corries, have abunch and they breed in planted tanks. 29g is perfect size for most any Cory. Your gravel doesnt look sharp edged so there whiskers should be fine as long as the gravel is matured enough. I like to build-up a good amount of muck an algae before addin Corries and then do a good water change after Im sure they have been eatin. Im prob. goin with some False juli cory cats when I finally setup my 29g(they look shnazzy on some black flourite)

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
That sucks with what happened to the cory, what fish did it?

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer

loolie green

AC Members
Feb 20, 2011
love the tank!! is that a hatchet fish in the background? I agree on getting some corys, i have loads of them and they are always upto something!! they are also the most friendliest fish I have ever come across any mine never ate any of my shrimps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store