29g cichlid chronicle

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
As for the acrylic, that was just my guesses, I am waiting for some responses. You say the pleco is not needed, I agree. However, he will knock over plants when they are young if he is startled, the rock scape tank will be a good option. Yes, ideas for cichlid lists are appreciated. Will 4 julies ( the two types listed above ) crash and burn too?
Do you mean wont get a long? If you get two pairs of different species, maybe even the same speicies, in this size tank you will definitely run into problems.

PEMfish

Ta hoy, Watch thes!
Dec 11, 2007
Il, 60174
I have seen personally, don't want to fallow in there footprints but someone with a 29T AGA cichlid tank with about 6 4 - 6.5" Africans in it and only problems were the heater blew wile on vacation. So 3 in a 29g won't work? So yes, there is a possibility. But if the chances are really slim I won't risk it. I do care about the fish alot more than what I have to look at in there. As for filtration I am not concerned. They do have a high bio load, but I have over come alot of bearers. I once had a ick out break on a holiday weekend so no medicine was obtainable and had 4 4" fish fully recover in a 10g QT. Thanks you all.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would go with shellies or a pair of colorful apistos and something for the mid/upper levels.

PEMfish

Ta hoy, Watch thes!
Dec 11, 2007
Il, 60174
Thanks, I'll look into all that. Now the rock was just the plan, if its restricting what I can have then please tell me what I can have with a more plant oriented setup.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
if you want planted as opposed to rocks, a pair of apistogramma species would be nice, maybe with some hatchetfish (not sure how much space they need on top) and corydoras.

PEMfish

Ta hoy, Watch thes!
Dec 11, 2007
Il, 60174
So, you don't recomend a pair of Leleupi? Or two julies, each of different species? ( 1 Marlieri & 1 Ornatus )

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
I think a pair of leilupi would be fine, maybe start with 3 or 4 of which 1 is male and remove the gooseberries...I think with the julies if they don't pair they may very well kill each other, so a bit risky, and increased risk if they are different species (a. unlikely to pair, b. undesirable fry)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store