29g Reeflog

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rapier469

Registered Member
Nov 7, 2006
I have a similar setup, just in a 30g running skimmerless. Have you had any sort of surface film build up yet from not running a skimmer?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I have a similar setup, just in a 30g running skimmerless. Have you had any sort of surface film build up yet from not running a skimmer?
With good surface aggitation, the film should not get a chance to start forming...even without a skimmer running..

Niko

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Update (new corals) 5/30/07:

The pictures aren't the best because my wife loaned out our camera, so I just used the camcorders flash memory and took a few shots. Everything I put in is looking great, and the initial algae bloom seems to be coming close to it's life's end...which is good. ;)

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
I want some pretty zoo frags when they are ready!!!! Nice corals!!!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Couple new ones:

Can't wait to get my real camera back one of these days...handycam is doing ok, but...

Candy coral seems to do good anywhere. When I turned the lights on this morning, it had all it's polyps extended and was looking really happy.

That piece of SPS beside it, though...not so good.:(

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
I'm looking forward to all the peach fuzz disappearing.

And I'm not sure why it's murky with the lights off. Maybe something to do with the chaeto. Who knows. Everything looks so happy, so I'll let it ride.

After my other tank is done with the quarantine, I think I'm going to double the rock in this tank. Some of the corals that I want to move over are really attached to their rocks right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store