29g Reeflog

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
May we ask, WHAT HAPPENED??????????

Some blue leg hermits, a LMB and some serious water changes would be in order.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Well, my guess is the water...gotta be the water somehow. When I left for vacation, it was just fuzzy rocks (see pics a few days before i left on end of page 2).

I dunno. I've been using my well water for months and it registers 0 phosphates, but maybe there's a lot of silicates or something in there...I don't really know.

Looks like i have my work cut out for me, though, eh?

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I've got to ask - Did you cry???? I nearly cried for you!! I think now is the time to start using R/O water at least until you get rid of it. Good luck with it at least you seem to be keeping your sense of humour over it! Let us know how it goes.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Naw...fish are happy, coral is open and water is clear with good params...just needs some work and some ro/di is my guess....

Or my hope. Ha! The fish actually seem to enjoy it, although I'm really not sure what kind of algae it is...hair algae of some sort is probably a good guess. ;)

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Does your well water have trites or trates???

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Naw, nothing detectable.

Calcium/Alk always good.
Phosphates non-existant
Nitratres/tries/ammonia always 0 (on that tank...)

Haven't tested for silicone/silicates/whatever, but I'd think that'd have to be it....

We'll see, I'm going to suck out water, pull rocks out, rip hair out, scrub a bit, refill with ro/di and go from there...

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Great log- really like the rock formation and the zoas. I got to page 3 and went
:jaw:

Hehe, wasn't expecting THAT! Anyway, I had the same problem when I first started my 95G. At that time I had my lights on for way too long. I was able to leave them off for a few days though since I didn't have corals yet. It'll go away eventually. What's your lighting schedule like?

Awesome tank though- what's that spotted fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store