3 atlantic stingrays for sale

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

god61021

AC Members
Jun 7, 2006
i agree with toirtis if you dont have the permits what the hell are you doing? if you own a pet store your probably more interested in the money than the fish.id probably interested if you could prove you had the proper paperwork.

AW2EOD

Former Squid
Jun 14, 2004
IL
Visit site
If you're not buying and you're not a Fish and Game agent, let's hop down off of high horse and let the guy try and make a buck.

Not all fish store owners are only interested in money. You dont know the guy, so how about keeping insulting comments to yourself? After your rude comments above, god61021, I certainly wouldnt be too interested in selling to you either way, if I were him.

Last edited:

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Export permits are only needed if he is exporting livestock outside of the country....thus your insinuation that he needs those to sell these stingrays is completely unfounded Tortis.

These are very adaptable fish and are not "Saltwater".. There are established populations in full SW, Brackish, AND FRESHWATER, one of those populations is in the St. John's River, FL. They can get 12-13" in disc size, so be prepared to house them.

nccoastal

eating fish for supper
May 28, 2006
Eastern NC
now i dont know if i am completly right. In my state you have to possesse a permit to catch and sell any fish no matter what the status live or dead. IF you do not have the license you are violating the law. do me a favor go wrestle me down a 8 foot alligator so i can put him in a 1000 gallon aqaurium. i will let you hold a dollar.

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
NatakuTseng said:
Export permits are only needed if he is exporting livestock outside of the country....thus your insinuation that he needs those to sell these stingrays is completely unfounded Tortis.
Funny, Florida's F&W think otherwise. Collection, sale, and transportation of native wildlife all require licenses and permits.

AW2EOD

Former Squid
Jun 14, 2004
IL
Visit site
Last time I was in FL (a few months ago), I aquired 450 Nassarius Snails, 4 large hermits and a Mexican Dragon Moray on my little "collection trip". I flew them all back in my carry on luggage. I presented all at the airport and was ushered through, without a single problem.

I'll pass on my name, address and telephone number, if you're interested in reporting me to Fish and Game, since I dont have the "permits".

Florida Law states that only certain fish be held by people with permits, especially if they're exporting, which this guy is not...if he was, his post would say "I'm selling these Atlantic Stingrays to anyone who lives in a different country, other than the US".

If you're so ready to bust people for not having permits to sell fish, I'd suggest you get a group together and go out and man every beach you can find. Half of the fish that FL fish stores get are because of FL residents out and about, with sein nets and some scuba gear, collecting fish.

If you're interested in buying these Rays, then I can see why you'd have a reason to post here. Since you seem to not have any interest in purchasing the Rays, I dont see any reason you'd be posting here...other than giving the guy a hard time and "preaching" to us all, about how you're such a responsible and true fish keeper.

Just my $.02 cents. Keep on keepin' on, though, man... :thm:

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
AW2EOD said:
Last time I was in FL (a few months ago), I aquired 450 Nassarius Snails, 4 large hermits and a Mexican Dragon Moray on my little "collection trip". I flew them all back in my carry on luggage. I presented all at the airport and was ushered through, without a single problem.

I'll pass on my name, address and telephone number, if you're interested in reporting me to Fish and Game, since I dont have the "permits".

Florida Law states that only certain fish be held by people with permits, especially if they're exporting, which this guy is not...if he was, his post would say "I'm selling these Atlantic Stingrays to anyone who lives in a different country, other than the US".

If you're so ready to bust people for not having permits to sell fish, I'd suggest you get a group together and go out and man every beach you can find. Half of the fish that FL fish stores get are because of FL residents out and about, with sein nets and some scuba gear, collecting fish.

If you're interested in buying these Rays, then I can see why you'd have a reason to post here. Since you seem to not have any interest in purchasing the Rays, I dont see any reason you'd be posting here...other than giving the guy a hard time and "preaching" to us all, about how you're such a responsible and true fish keeper.

Just my $.02 cents. Keep on keepin' on, though, man... :thm:
? can you realy go though with live animals in your carry on? anret you not allowed to bring fruit? it seems kidna wierd that you would be able to bring live animals....

AW2EOD

Former Squid
Jun 14, 2004
IL
Visit site
Everything was x-rayed and opened up, to be inspected. The airport people asked what the containers were and I told them...to which I recieved an "Ok...have a nice flight" reply to.

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
born2lovefish said:
That is why I am proud I was born in Illinois...People stick up for the under dog.
Or the potential law-breaker?

As far as AW2EOD's experience goes, the airport personnel are not Fish and Game officers, nor are they expected to do the job of said officers, or have even passing familiarity with wildlfe law...the anecdote is without merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store