30 Gallon progress thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
You'll want to stay clear of ones that need swimming room such as anthias as well. Someday I'll have a shoal of anthias..someday.
To be honest I've never even looked at Anthias. I just took a look at them however and I do like the Evansi anthias.

EDIT: The sandstorm in my tank is now down to a miniumum. Although I do have a quick question. There are a lot of bubbles in my tank. Is this a problem or should I not worry about it? It seems like they are being made by the filter.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Heh, I fixed it. I topped off with some freshwater and it fixed the problem. I guess it was having too big of a drop from the filter to the water.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
No. And I really don't want to buy one if I don't have to or until I make my tank a reef tank. So hopefully that's not the answer. :confused:

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Actually they can sometimes be part of the problem when having microbubbles. So knock that out as the problem. Had you just done a water change? Where are the bubbles? Any other recent changes/additions?

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
They still seem to be coming from the filter. I filled the tank up as much as possible. The bubbles seem to go from the filter and then to the middle of the tank. I just filled the tank for the first time yesterday.

Marcus Fenix

bicolor anglefish-one of my favs
Jul 21, 2007
Canada
aren't microbubbles a good thing? I mean it's a good sign that there's lots of oxygen in the water, fish and biological filter can only benefit from a good oxygenation, no?

I have lots of microbubbles in my tank, coming from the wet/dry filter. lots of water and oxygen circulation in my filter and tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store