30 Gallon progress thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
There seems to be only a few tiny bubbles floating around now.

And I got my check in the mail today so as soon as I cash it it's off to get some more live rock. :)

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
I found my first hitchhiker today. I was so excited. I was just cleaning the glass and I saw a very tiny snail climbing up the glass.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
I just looked on google and that's definitely what it was. I'm picking up some more LR tomorrow. Will update with pictures once it's in the tank.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
I found more hitch hikers!!!

I found two more stomatella snails. One is about a half inch long and the other is very tiny.

I also found about 4 very tiny featherdusters!

I never thought I could have so much fun without even having fish. :)

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Well I went to my LFS to get about 15 pounds of live rock and the stuff they have is still curing. It should be done by the end of the week though.

I have a question though. Are stometella snails nocturnal? Mine only seem to come out during the wee hours of the morning.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
I just tested the water and I got

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: <5
pH: 8.2

Do you think it would be safe to add a very hardy fish like a blue or green chromis? I will only be adding cured pieces of LR from now on, so let me know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store